Jim's Journal...road to leaness and lifestyle changes...

JimmyF

Competitor
This year Ive found myself with a few goals to focus on, im getting married in Vegas in September and in June Im having my week away with the lads in Maga as my stag do, starting out at 15st or therabouts and around 17% bodyfat, I had really let myself go, eating more or less since before christmas and after christmas, I was a bit disgusted tbh with what I had become...

So, looked long and hard at Keto diets........started and stayed strict on one for 3 weeks, somehting Ive found hard to do in the past (be strict) but got good results.

I then started to read posts that although they were effective, they need to be kept up as the body *can* rebound.

I thought long and hard and read a lot of journals about what route to take, I decided to ask James L if he would sort me a diet and training plan out, and thats what has happened.

Ill post my starting pics below, hate the way i look but have used these to shoc k me into doing somehting about it!

Attachments

• Image0742.jpg
    Image0742.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Image0739.jpg
    Image0739.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Image0740.jpg
    Image0740.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Image0741.jpg
    Image0741.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 249
  • Image0743.jpg
    Image0743.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 236
Good luck mate! Without giving too much away, im assuming the diet put together isnt keto based now?

Im trying to treat it as a contest approach tbh as thats the only way I shall get into the shape I want, here in pics below, were 2 and a halfs weeks into the keto diet, arms were still 17" and chest at 46" so had lost water and some fat around the mid section.

I was 14st 4lbs there, I stand today a little leaner still at 14st on a morning on empty stomach.

The diet (which I won't be putting up as per james' wishes) is excellent, protein, carbs and fats, very balanced yet im still losing bodyfat whilst still only doing 30 mins fasted running on a morning.

Not great pics, taken in my gym at home, Im now training in a proper gym 100% and will do so for forseeeable future. IU think the plan is to do this for 8 weeks feeding the body up and losing 1-2lbs per week then enter a cutting/dieting phase.

I am running gear 500/250 Test E/Deca buyt shall be switching closer to the dieitng phase.

Attachments

• Image0770.jpg
    Image0770.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Image0764.jpg
    Image0764.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 241
Good luck mate! Without giving too much away, im assuming the diet put together isnt keto based now?

Hi bud, a real balanced approach which suprised me but is working well and actually a pleasure to follow, chicken, steak, egg based meals with sweet spuds and basmati rice here and there.

I think james' approach is keep plenty of ammo in the arsenal for later, I was doing cardio on my bike and he said to scrap that for something more challenging, he wasn't wrong, i hate getting up at 6am for running/fast walking but it is working......im sure it'll move on from 30mins in time lol

Thought as much mate, keto is good, but with right sort of knowledge and know how, normally not really necessary. Will follow with interest mate. And yes, nice quads lol.

Thought as much mate, keto is good, but with right sort of knowledge and know how, normally not really necessary. Will follow with interest mate. And yes, nice quads lol.

Thanks a lot mate, yeah I thought sod it and try and do it right, takes the guesswork out as Joe said to me, better just concentrating on eating.

Takes a bit to organise things around work but easy enough to pack everything for the day etc.

Hi jim,saw you on the other site....will be following how you get on.....good luck with it..

Had the scheduled cheat meal yesterday evening which was a domino's large pizza, meteor on one side and pepperoni passion on the other, towed eating it all but wasn't going to give up. lol.

Todays weigth 14st 2lbs but have tightened up around the mid section towards the end of last week.

Finally seeing what 4 weeks of eating clean can do for one's body, cannot believe Ive not had the willpower in the past, pathetic really!

Really finding it ok now sticking to the diet 100%

Ill fire some more pics up friday as that will be around 4 weeks since I started properly.

Yesterday did legs followed by 30 mins on the treadmill....and now having problems walking!

Tomorow is 30mins cardio 1st thing (6am) unless james changes this today in my end of week email, and then shoulders and calves later that day after work.

Current routine is;

Chest, tris, Abs

Back, Bi's

Hams, quads

Shoulders, Calfs.

Every other day so train on a different day each week and plenty of good solid rest and good quality food.

Will follow this for another 7 weeks then look at altering things IF im not losing 2lbs per week.

Back