Layne Norton on OverTraining

ahhh wondered what happened DNC. so didnt work out? i dont know guess were all different, i could probably grow and maintain on less volume but i love trainign too much, even after 10 years!

Aye,didn't work out mate,meant to message you but forgot.Just found was exhausted in work the next day and muscles felt even smaller than they are now:lol: Could tell it was doing more bad than good.Just wanted to try it as i like training.

Gone back to an upper/lower routine Con told me about ages ago which suits my body right down to the ground in terms of recovery,its just that annoying thing we all do when we find what works we change:rolleyes:

Some times I love to train and will do 2 hours of training each day some times even splitting it up into two sessions.
Other times my attention and interest vains after 30 minutes 3 sessions per week.
This is why I rotate a few training methods/plans/routines.
If I only did DC training a point would come where I wanted to be in the gym more.
If I only did high volume x2 per day after a few weeks I would grow board of training.

Didnt watch all the clip, but from what i did see quite a few contradictions...

i.e. discussing overtraining in bodybuilding terms then use a powerlifter improving his squats by
squatting several times per week.

I do though agree fully on his point of implementing a specific period of increased volume and repetition
of workouts/excercises with the bigger plan to grow and develop.

But my overall rational on this is from a BB aspect, if i train 45 mins as opposed to 3 hours as mentioned
id also compare this to a 100mt sprinter to a marathon runner... 2 very different goals and physiques
(if that makes sense) and yes also as Con noted who would want to train for 3 hours..???:confused:

Back