Lunch Break

Smokynizuts

just curious what some of the bodybuilders do for lunch while at work. I work long hours alot and usually have no microwave, sometimes i have to go the fast food route which sucks but i could use some ideas. Protein bars dont really cut it.

I'm not a bodybuilder but i cook my food the night before and take it in tupperware containers, usually its turkey steak and brown pasta with some nandos sauce on and some fruit.

I aint a bber either but i sure do eat like one! I do the same make it up the night before put it in the fridge then take with me keep it in my bag and eat when ready, easy as pie bro :)

i have a microwave and mostly heat up rice, chicken, beef chilli, but if i didnt id be making up tubs of pasta and chicken, potatoes and some oats with chocolate whey and milk which is fine cold and goes soft after an hour or two sitting.

if you keep a coolbag then rice is also fine cold imo.

i am pretty lucky got a microwave,fridge,toaster,etc and a decent canteen which does allsorts but of the last 6wks i have just took food in and been a good boy :D

As rab said, pasta & chicken is a good one for eating cold, tuna patties(tuna & potato formed into burgers) are actaully pretty nice cold aswell. Tuna/Chicken/Turkey with salad & mayo on a tortilla.

There's loads of stuff mate, it just all has to be pre made but this isnt a ball ache once you get into the routine of it.

I sort all my food in the morning and pop it in boxes. Just eat it cold through out the day then

I usually have a cold chicken breast and some cold green beans (cooked the night before) for lunch - if you're not into green beans you could add a salad of some sort. If caught short I've been known to pop into Tesco or Morrisons and get either some of their cold cooked chicken breast or some of the rotisserie fare. Which I may do today actually :drool::drool::drool:

i have a microwave and mostly heat up rice, chicken, beef chilli, but if i didnt id be making up tubs of pasta and chicken, potatoes and some oats with chocolate whey and milk which is fine cold and goes soft after an hour or two sitting.

if you keep a coolbag then rice is also fine cold imo.

Before i went on diet i had rice with most of my meals and ate it cold alot, kept it in a tub in my locker and ate it at lunch and it was fine, prepared the night before, put in a tub and some EVOO through it and mixed through to keep it moist, kept in the fridge till morning and sorted :) hell just about any foods ive eaten cold lol chilli cold is even not bad!

I just buy pre cooked chicken for work during the week for lunch and have it with salad and a lump of cheese.

Evening meals i usually cook a few days worth and leave in the fridge, i would take them in to work but can't be bothered to carry anything as i travel on the train and tube and would most likely leave it on one of them anyway.

Back