Lyle McDonald - Rapid Fatloss Handbook

Belinda

Ok so I've been on a CKD for a good while now (minus a 3 month period last year where I fell off the wagon BIG TIME) and I'm seeing some good results.

I have a holiday coming up in 6 weeks time and I'm determined to be looking supremely awesome by that time but being an impatient little swine, things are just not moving along quick enough for me. Have got myself down to approx 22% bf although my weight has stayed pretty much constant :D

Anyway I've just recently got hold of a copy of Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fatloss Handbook. Very interesting read and looks like a good plan to follow albeit in the very short term.

Have to say I'm pretty tempted to give it a go!

Anyone have any experience with this? And if so, what kind of results did you get?

Yeah it's a PSMF - here's the gist of it:

- Protein at 1.5g per lb of LBM
- All other calories come from fibrous veggies - no starchy carbs and as little fat as possible except for 6g Omega 3 supps.
- Refeeds/cheat meals/breaks are tailored to the individual's BF and bodyweight - I need to do it for approx 2 weeks with a clean refeed for a couple of days afterwards, but folk with a higher percentage of BF can have the odd cheat meal. Damn their eyes lol.

Apparently you can lose several lbs of bodyfat (and water weight) very quickly. Have seen some before and after shots and they are impressive. Lyle does state that it is a short-term fix, ideally used for competition prep or a special event - in my case my summer hols.

I think GHO did something pretty much the same and had good results on it

Cool, thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll get on it this weekend after my carb-up meal. My plan is to do 12 days on, 2 days off until my holiday - that will be my planned 2 week diet break. Got six weeks until my hols so should be enough time to shift some flab :)

What sort of figures did you achieve Kate, if you don't mind me asking? I mean, how much BF and how much weight did you lose?

Hey hey...it was before I found the wonderful world of BBing. I didn't measure BF but from memory I lost about 9lbs over 2 weeks.
But it is monotonous and relentless...good job its only for 2 weeks eh!

Good luck miss :)

Yup, PSMF with refeeds is fine. I did a mix of this and a more traditional CKD this when i stopped strongman training, went from 125kg+ to 87KG in 6 months or so. Not the most fun you can have but does the job - dead animals and vegetables diet :)

Back