Nathans log - Time to get it done !!

kingy

Top Contributor
Well ive just got back of my holiday and tbh when i was there i felt ashamed to walk around in just swimming shorts, in my eyes i just look like a big fat mess so it is time to sort things out and a good kick up the arse is what i need.

My training of late has been rather unproductive and i have lost my way so intend to change things round and break through the wall i have hit.

My main aim is to keep my strength or even gain strength while stripping away bodyfat from 20+% to 12-15%. My time frame is from now untill july 20th which is when my son will be arriving so i wont have the time to concentrate on training as i do now, this gives me 19 weeks to get to where i want to be.

I think i am going to try the carb cycling approach to keep training intensity high as i tend to burn out really quick on low carb/keto diets. Im unsure at the minute what my diet will be so any help on that would be really good.

My training is going to be a push/pull/legs routine concentrating on bench, deadlifts,squats and trying to up the poundage every week. It will look something like this.

Push-

Flat bench press
standing millitary press
Dips
over head tricep work

Pull-

Deadlifts
Bent over rows
BB shrugs
bicep work

Legs-

Squat
Stiff leg deadlifts
calf work

I will alternate between exercise from week to week, for example flat bench week 1, decline week 2, flat db week 3.I will also be doing streching before and after training and ab work once a week.

Cardio will be pre breakfast 4x a week on non training days, 30 mins on stationary bike and will gradually up it as i go along.

I will be working on my diet over the next few days so will get that posted up asap for you guys to look at.

Wish me luck :thumb:

ive decided to use the dave palumbo diet as a template but there will be some carbs present so its not a keto more of a timed carb diet.

1. 50g whey 2 tbsp natural PB
2. 6 whole eggs
3. 225g chicken 1/2 cup almonds
4. 225g beef 1/2 cup green veg 1 tbsp evoo
5. 50g whey 2 tbsp natural PB
6. 6 whole eggs

On training days meal 5 will contain 75g dextrose instead of the PB and meal 6 will be 5 eggs + 50g sprouted wheat bread.

This diet should be easy to stick to because its so simple.

Training will start again on thursday after having 2 weeks off. I am going to start jotting my workouts down in a note pad now because i think i need to keep track of what im doing so can make sure im making progress

weighed myself tuesday 16 stone dead on so ill be hoping to get to around 14 1/2 nice and lean.

well 5 days in and im feeling good, diet is so easy to stick to just not really keen on eggs but i manage to get them down.

getting back into training after 3 weeks off is a bit difficult but im sure strength ans stamina will soon come back.

not really much else to report ill update next week.

im making changes to my diet i will be following a carb cycling plan now (in diet section) because i am not getting on with the palumbo diet.

Going on holiday next week so ill start the carb cycling when i get back.

Back