Sugar

The Wogmeister

I'm trying to bulk as damn clean as I can and am tracking all my food with myfitnesspal. I'm also trying to keep my sugar intake as low as possible but noticed banana's in particular are quite high in sugar, even though it is natural sugar and not added sugar. A recommended daily intake of sugar is 30g and a nana is around 14g of sugar.

Should I keep away from the likes of banana's and other fruits high in sugar? Ideally I want my sugar intake under that 30g mark.

I usually train 7.30am so I have the nana before I go the gym and a big bowl of oats and a protein shake when I get back in. From there I will have a chicken pitta around 10.30 and a full lunch around 1.30pm.

I'm trying to bulk as damn clean as I can and am tracking all my food with myfitnesspal. I'm also trying to keep my sugar intake as low as possible but noticed banana's in particular are quite high in sugar, even though it is natural sugar and not added sugar. A recommended daily intake of sugar is 30g and a nana is around 14g of sugar.

Should I keep away from the likes of banana's and other fruits high in sugar? Ideally I want my sugar intake under that 30g mark.

The thing which can make bananas tricky is they mature/ripen into different forms.

If they are green they are more starchy than when they are brown.

Basically green have more resistant starch which won’t spike blood sugar levels but when they become brown they are the opposite.

Also chewing banana makes them more fast releasing.

A bagel pre workout may be a better idea possibly then. I can't bear eating the unripe green banana's, then again I cant stand the over ripe ones lol

A bagel pre workout may be a better idea possibly then. I can't bear eating the unripe green banana's, then again I cant stand the over ripe ones lol

I’m bulking at the moment mate and to be honest I’ll probably stay that way for the rest of the year...I’m not worried about fat gain to a degree I’m more concerned with building what I need to cut to..

Def wouldn't say a bagel is better than a banana Pre workout. You want fast acting carbs. Banana is fructose based sugars which are considered a sugar in myfitnesspal. Ignore it.

If you're training first thing and want some carbs in you, you want fast digesting around training not slow. This is the time to have sugary cereal, fruit etc.

when you're bulking, FAT intake is the thing that makes you fat, when combined with the size of your surplus.
Sugar, complex carbs make no difference.

avoiding sugars, especially whole fruit, is dumb fuck.

Back