The Vikings Road To Getting Leaner

didnt train today and i will be honest i am on sick tonight at work couldnt face the place at the minute.

I rapped in smoking months ago and i had a relapse about 2months ago, i packed in again 3 weeks ago and have the beloved man flu abit.

Plus i had depression quite bad last year and i just dont feel right i dont know if that tied in with the fags or what but i feel like ****

didnt train today and i will be honest i am on sick tonight at work couldnt face the place at the minute.

I rapped in smoking months ago and i had a relapse about 2months ago, i packed in again 3 weeks ago and have the beloved man flu abit.

Plus i had depression quite bad last year and i just dont feel right i dont know if that tied in with the fags or what but i feel like ****

Make sure you dont stay shut up in your house then , get out a bit and talk to people I went through a bit of depression and dindt come out my house , I would go out once a week in the middle of the night to get food and thats it.

Quiting smoking prob has made you feel **** but keep it up you will be better of for it in the end. Hopefully you will be ok when you have had some rest and things get bk to normal :)

well i am training 8am with me mate from work

gunna take tomorrow night off work then come back friday least then i have a 5 hour shift to do then i am off till tuesday.

Jay Cutler dvds gunna get watched when the wife goes to bed take me mind off coughing up a lung

thanks jstar

Hello peeps

I am loads better today

I had a good chat with me guru in the gym today he did my stats ie bodyfat etc and i am well on target for may i have lost just over five pound in last month, and my bodyfat percent has dropped 3-4 percent boo ya!! I am over the moon

A few tweaks have been made too my diet slightly, i have to cut out all the energy drinks/sports drinks i take ie red bull boost etc (hard since i do permeant nights)

Todays Session went really well

Standing calf raisers
40k 12reps
90k 3 sets 12 reps

Seated calfs on balls of feet

20k 12reps
30k 12reps 3sets

Standing leg curl

20k sets 12reps

Machine nautilus leg curl

16k 12reps
23k 12reps
23k 12 reps
30k 12reps

Lying leg curl

block 5 3 sets 12reps

20mins cv done pre and post workout

how many of you guys have a training partner???? that are doing journals

Reason i ask is mine is doing me head in, he is about 1 more session from getting told too **** off, i turned up on time and its about the third time this has happened 30-40mins late. Then when doing fst 7's where we alternate he spends more time watching mtv.

Was funny today i got the comment your coming on really well whereas i am stagnant and not changing physique wise my tongue was bitten.

todays workout bar my training partner been a bell end was good, he walked in just as i was on my last bicep exercise.

I have been doing a 3 week cycle where i every 3 weeks hammer the weights up then the following 2 weeks i go 70percent of max with 3-4 sets 15reps, then week 2 i go to about 80percent with 3-4 sets 10-12 with fst 7's on last each exercise of each muscle group (usually shaping exercise)

weights were

Hammer press

40k 8reps
85k 8reps
105k 7reps
110k 3 reps

Iso Press

20k 8reps
40k 8reps
42.5 8reps
45 8reps

Incline machine Press

20/8
40/8
50/8
55/8

Pec Deck (fst 7's)

block 4-10reps
block 10-10reps
" "
" "
Block 11 10reps
Block 12 10reps
Block 13 10reps

Pullovers Dumbell (just introduced)
15k db 15reps
20k db 15reps
22.5db 15reps

Biceps db curls
20 8reps
22.5 8reps
22.5 8reps

Seated Machine Curls

20 8reps
40 8reps
52.5 8reps
57.5 5reps

Tbar Cable Curls FST 7's

7sets block 9

arms and chest are goosed i am training in the morning with me old gaffer from work then doing a load couple hours after for 6 hours

I train on my own , training partners can hold you back unless you have a good one imo

everything re training etc is progressing brilliant

I have been doing a carb load on a weekend which is 6hours of torture ie frozen yogurts/kiddy cereal/haribo etc i went from 15.5lbs upto 15-7 today aim is to hammer me cardio and get down to sub 15 stone by the start of my next load, which will be sunday.

I felt really strong in the gym today couple of pbs hit and smashed on my shoulders

Seated Press Forward Facing

20 k 8reps
40k 8reps
50k 8reps
55k 8reps *

Seated Press reverse

40- 8
40- 8
45- 8

Upright rows

20k 8reps
40k 8reps
50k 12reps*

Rear delts (pec dec machine reverse)

fst 7's

block 9 7sets 10reps with stretching done in between each set and 30second rest

Tricep Pushdowns vbar

Block 6 8reps
Block 8 8reps
Block 10 8reps
Block 12 7reps *

Seated Tricep Machine

60-8
80-8
100-8
110-5*

One arm cable pd

30k 8reps
30k reps
36-8reps

*=s pb

I train on my own , training partners can hold you back unless you have a good one imo

I do now

told the other one to politely gan forth and multiply

I trained with me old boss at weekend who has just started doing weights at a gym near his, and i am gunna train with him every other week. Technique help basically

But bar that its me and MR IPOD!

load was completed over weekend everything is going peachy i am hoping to drop to just above 15stone by weekend

body weight monday 218.75

Body weight today 217.25lbs

Thanks Jstar

Another drop today but a minor one gerrr 216.5 lbs bw

I am suffering today didn't really train bar 30mins cv earlier.I have been for a deep tissue massage today feel like a man 90. I work in a call centre doing 10 hour shifts and get this done once a month, helps with posture and any injuries if they pop up

I aint disappeared anywhere but i am on a week break from training/cardio

I have my son up for the week for half term and been honest my body needs a break getting a few injury niggles

I aint disappeared anywhere but i am on a week break from training/cardio

I have my son up for the week for half term and been honest my body needs a break getting a few injury niggles

Sounds good I need a rest soon.

well i am separated and i only boy every school hols he lives down in kent which i cant pop down to every weekend.

I kinda miss normal tv, is only so much scooby do and ben 10 i can watch.

Did you guys know they have re dun thundercats cartoons lol

Its being a long long time guys but i have returned, i think i need too rename this diary the missing years. The last 5-6 years have being hell for me.

I have struggled really badly with depression/anxiety/mental illness, i also developed mild agoraphobia and i have spent time in hospital basically on suicide watch is the best way too put it. I went through in 2011 redundancy at work, and a relationship separation, me and my partner have now reconciled but we have had financial worries we nearly lost our house etc

I was diagnosed after years and years on different depression meds with cyclothymia, my new meds are working. A lot of these meds wont mean alot too people but i have being on sertraline, lithium, citalophram, mirtazipine, fluoxetine, etc Currently i am on a drug called Quetiapine and i am slowly getting back too reality i am working again i am back too the gym.

I forgot i even had this journal. I wish i looked like i did in that pic :-(

I will post on here regular re updates. I havent had a look through the forum in years i hopefully can help guys with any advice re mental health etc re weight training its being years.

Back