Weighing Food

Just to say majority ( if not all ) meat packaging is going to state protein content by weight raw.
Usually will state all nutritional values of 100g
so if you are calculating cooked values take this into account.
100g raw is going to have less protein than 100g cooked.

Cooking adds protein?

Cooking adds protein?
100g of cooked chicken equates to like 130g raw before water loss. Depends on cooking method and how water the raw chicken is holding though, so it varies a lot which is why some people prefer to go by the raw weight.

If you download my fitness pal app, this saves your foods that you eat and has a database of most foods.
200g raw chicken breast = 46g protein
200g cooked chicken breast = 62g protein

If you download my fitness pal app, this saves your foods that you eat and has a database of most foods.
200g raw chicken breast = 46g protein
200g cooked chicken breast = 62g protein
ah, I didn’t know there was an option to select cooked or raw on that app mate

Weights of food are expressed in either ounces or grams. Do not mix the grams of carbohydrates with the grams of food weight. The weight of the food item, when it is put on the food scale, is known as the food weight. Do not mix the grams of carbohydrates with the grams of food weight.
So all this time I’ve been weighing out 100g of rice on the scale, your telling me I haven’t been getting 100g of carbohydrates ?!!!!

Weights of food are expressed in either ounces or grams. Do not mix the grams of carbohydrates with the grams of food weight. The weight of the food item, when it is put on the food scale, is known as the food weight. Do not mix the grams of carbohydrates with the grams of food weight.
Stop it with these stupid posts
We could all type a question into Google.
People ask questions on here to get peoples experience and opinions on things, nobody cares what a robot says

Back