-_-

skinnyjoe313

not lifting focusing on other areas of my life
hello everyone,

well for a long time i trained and overcomplicated things for myself and frankly got nowhere for it.

i hope i've learned from my mistakes and don't repeat them for my own sake lol

my aim simply after 10 months out of the gym is to just focus purely on legs and getting a leg foundation build.

afaik 000.02% of people in my gym train legs so the squat rack should be free most the time haha

i just want foucus purely on squat 3 or 4 days a week and eat enough to grow simple thats it

i have ordered myself a safety squat bar, i will use this for squatting while i deal with by poor shoulder flexability which provents me from streight bar squatting

20140912_215634_zpscf14eda5.jpg

20140912_215447_zps5ed90e2d.jpg

age 24

height 5ft 8.5 (manlet)

Last edited by a moderator:
All the best with it Joe!

Keep it simple and consistent you will reap the rewards

Good luck with it mate good to see your getting back into it

You dont need squats to grow big legs but squatting will give you a powerful development overall and good strength gains.

Agree with pip on both.

Strong lifts is a good little basic strength program though joe focusing on basic moves squatting 3 x a week and session by session overload. Teaches some good lessons IMO and served

Me well up until now for some basic stength training and getting figures up. Only just switched off it myself to a more intermediate program of adding weight week by week instead of session by session.

Nice little app to log your lifts too gets you beating yourself.

If you struggle to stick to complex things keep it simple and follow and log this

Thanks lads

@The Love Machine - thank you mate. Yes nothing but legs i think many guys have cotton legs and i no longer want to be like that granted i have either a upper or lower body foundation build. But i think having good legs then bringing upper body to match years down the road is my plan.

plus in studys girls like guys with decent glute development so i might get a sympothy shag out of that once i get wheels eventually

like nelson mandela said - glutes for the sloots

@Rudedog - cheers mate i appreciate you poping in here and posting :)

@RAD - cheers mate :)

@Rentaghost (rentawhore)- i think for someone like myself. Focusing purely on a primary mass building movement and seeing everything else as accessory work and optional is a good move imo

@Pip - i am humbled beyond words a male modeling god would read by scragy journal mate thank you for poping in you are a true inspiration to me

@Incognito - i think 5x5 3 days a week sound like a great idea mate. I already have 4kgs worth or 0.5kg plates so i would aim for 1 kg a week to the bar, my main worry is about getting tec right

i know with ssb squats it pitches you forward because the weight is infront of you - like a front squat but without theworry of loosing the bar.

i worry about not having the ab & oblique strength to stopbmyself collasing forward. But i guess if i startlight i should be ok. I mean i dont care if im only squatting the bar to begin with! lol

thanks all

Fair play mate, I just think if you see it as 'optional' you won't do it/will only choose the exercises you like.

Squats will 'help' overall development but I'd probably still hit the other compounds too, bench and row especially just you don't develop any imbalances over time

Up to you though mate, whatever you think will work! If you're happy, I'm happy.

Strong lifts has the bench rows and ohp joe.

Id add 1kg a session on squats mate if not more at start, you will easily recover if eating and soukdnt stall till about 1.5 x bw I found it became a grind and a deload/change was needed.

Strong lifts has a website and a following mate google it

Also google lowbar squatting and start doing shoulder dislocates with a broomstick for shoulder flexibility. Adopt a slightly wider than usual stance toes 45 degrees, hips back go down and knees out.

You don't need to be a yoga guru to squat mate just find what works and apply some flexibility work to stiffer areas

Back