Advice on Nutrition ?

Hi all....

I am going to start the gym for workout to develop muscles and give strength to my body . So I am considering to know which nutrition body builders normally need to take in their food to build muscles . Please share your ideas here .

1g of protein per lbs of bodyweight

& around 2g of carbs per lbs of bodyweight

dont be scared to get fat its harder to gain 1lbs of muscle then it is to torch off 1lbs of fat.

I think 'don't be scared to get fat' is a big no no for a beginner...seen far too many people start training, start taking it a bit more serious so pile on the calories and then yup, they've added a stone in 2 months of which half is fat.

If the past years of training has taught me anything it's that getting fat is never necessary or desirable and staying lean is the way to go. Cause unless PEDing it to high heaven, cutting is a horrible time of trying to cling on to muscle tissue while eating less than you need and want and making fuck all gains. Best done once then never again

Last edited by a moderator:
I think 'don't be scared to get fat' is a big no no for a beginner...seen far too many people start training, start taking it a bit more serious so pile on the calories and then yup, they've added a stone in 2 months of which half is fat.

If the past years of training has taught me anything it's that getting fat is never necessary or desirable and staying lean is the way to go. Cause unless PEDing it to high heaven, cutting is a horrible time of trying to cling on to muscle tissue while eating less than you need and want and making fuck all gains. Best done once then never again

i did exaclty that, put on a shit load of fat on my first cycle by listening to people who advised me to do as they do or have been told to do.

Bottom line is that trial and error is key, some people get fat on what others would not get fat on.

high good quality protein, good non processed carbs and fruit / veg is always a good starting point IMO

But were all different and its only when we try things out we learn what works for ourselves.

Bit different when you're natural though lads.

Easy to preach the necessity of staying lean when you're on test and tren or test and eq but try eating enough to gain and staying lean when you aren't using PEDS.

Its an entirely different scenario and gear users, myself include like to forget this fact... Some fat gain is definitely required to gain when you're not pumped to the eyeballs on drugs, as well as extreme patience and more time dedicated to your cuts. No 10 week bollocks, 16-20 weeks slow and steady so you can eat as much protein and fat as possible to maintain your lean mass. Fats play a much bigger part in the natty trainer too... More hormonal shit to worry about dropping them too low.

Its Not quite as simple for natty guys as you're making out tbh

Back