Alarm Clock Anxiety?!

Prince

Elite Member
Does anyone else get this?

What I mean is, keep waking in the night and semi-consciously panicking that you've overslept or not set an alarm?

I've always been a dreadful, light sleeper with bouts of severe insomnia (usually related to work stress, existential turmoil in my head or way back in the past, debt), but even when going through a good spell, I seem to get this alarm clock anxiety.

Any ideas how to work around it?!

Usually is something to do with life stress? When I was mega stressed in last job I was staying up late working and ended up sleeping through the alarm a few times. Not good but body clearly needed the sleep
!

I don't think I've ever slept through an alarm in my life, the chance would be a fine thing!

I am in a weird point in my life though, where I don't particularly like where I'm at but I don't know where I want to go, so maybe it's all tied into that?

I will set multiple alarms tonight though, just to relax me a bit more!

I am weird in the sense that I dont like a really aggressive alarm. I go for more soothing ones which is probably why I sleep through them!

Same, I have to choose carefully! But I sleep too lightly to ever sleep through one no matter how tired I am. I never snooze them either, once I'm awake, that's it. Even dosed up on sleep meds (zopiclone, phenibut, melatonin, 5htp).

I don't think I've ever slept through an alarm in my life, the chance would be a fine thing!

I am in a weird point in my life though, where I don't particularly like where I'm at but I don't know where I want to go, so maybe it's all tied into that?

I will set multiple alarms tonight though, just to relax me a bit more!

Hiya bud, I would hazard a guess that the above in bold DOES play a major role in much of this, maybe look at getting that resolved ?
One thing I will say is that you're not alone in that feeling, it's extremely common, fuck I'm 50 and still don't know what I want to be when I leave school lol.

Back