Be honest ,do you put your weights away + gym attitudes + gear + tattoos+ mobiles+ Jesus pimped iron

Ethan8

Elite Member
No I ain't gone on one ,I wish ,just bored thus....

Going from volunteering 5 years ago at Golds gym in Bedford and Fitness First in Stevenage as fitness instructor/PT I realized the pish part of the job especially at Gold's a BBin gym was tidying the weights at the end the day.....then biking 10mile home in the rain.

I actually trained in my hometown however and used to see a 50/50 in guys putting back what they'd used ,I always have. 

Fast forward to living in Thailand at the good start phase and with a true BBer's gym 20 seconds from my home and job I was happy to note also how respectful everyone was to the owner and 'their/our' gym and we all chipped in at the end if we were there and tidied up.

Now due to circumstance/being a c--t.  I moved gyms/homes a few times in Thailand.

One gym refused me entry because I was white but I laughed it off ,their excuse ....well duh they just told me....they......don't...accept....white...people.

Still nor do I.

The next gym was part of a swimming pool, ill equipped but I made a good routine out of it and the two girl PTs. ..one of which I....erm.....liked ... [ once ] used to fall over themselves for everyone,not just me helping you unload the bar etc .Very amusing at first but if you had a gym membership in Bangkok fullstop you were middle-class.

Last gym was lol- FF!!!!  It had to be the double the price of UK fitness first which in Bangkok is seen as thee hi-so /posh gym hence

Got banned from a Virgin active for telling a bunch of black lads to put their fucking weights away, one said " why you bothered? "

Said I was sick of tripping over their fucking weights and for big strong lads it was a shame they were too fucking weak to put their Dumbbells away. Got a bit tense then a few cracked smiles and it Broke down into banter with lots of swearing on both sides and some morbid, miserable twat complained we were being aggressive with each other, we weren't and our memberships were all suspended pending investigation? Lol like they're the fucking police..... Anyway, I just canned it, cancelled the direct debit and moved gyms.

3 months later they were chasing me for not paying my membership. Went in and raised hell. They closed the account and I threw some leaflets on the floor to inconvenience them. I'm a bad ass mates.

People are pretty good at the place I'm at now though. I always put mine away, without fail. It's like saying please and thank you to me..... Integral.

Ps I'll come to Cambodia with you....

We can die together in a drug fuelled haze.

Beats the Tories.

Yes, I do.
I have no tattoos.
I seldom use my mobile unless very important.

Yes always, lots of Tats and my phone goes on Airplane mode.

Monday morning at golds Bedford used to look like some prick had been juggling the Dumbells. I used to go in at 0630 though and most in there where good as Gold at that time.

Where I train now is old school so everyone keeps the place tidy

Yeah I do

Have yelled a similar thing across the gym

If your strong enough to lift with those plates use your fanny arms to re rack them, gym owner knows I'm a bit of a gobshite and looks on the funny side

Really pisses me off, also how hard is it to put the light plates at the top and work your way down on the heavier they are, the lower they go. 20s at the top isn't how it should be

Yes I put weights away. I don't fling them too the ground cos I lift so heavy that I can't actually control them to the ground.. Cos that makes sense.

Yes I have tattoos.

Yes I play with my phone. Sometimes to pick a song. Sometimes to hide away because I hate busy places

Ide rather look at my phone than have some local dingle come over trying to tlk shit through out my work out .

Always tidy up around me, other people's mess or not, it's my environment when train and I like it tidy. I'm not exactly OCD, I'm at a healthy point in my life, but I do need to reorganise the weights around me some days, even if it distracts me.

Ide rather look at my phone than have some local dingle come over trying to tlk shit through out my work out .
That's cool ,took my phone first time for choonage but the gym music which ain't to bad drowned it.

CV I used to use it to wifi or 3g and watch a long concert on youtube or something but I won't be doing that indoors or probably atall anymore in that form.

When I had one very serious Thai training partner unless I was expecting a call it was a rule 4 us not to bring them.

I remember when flirting before the....first ...ermmm meeting with a certain girl ,one in particular ,it was dogging my workouts silly and I realised I'd never been like that in the gym and even between messaging my mind was doing OT ,now I know its paranoia also but 99% of the time my gut instinct was right it would end up bad anyhow thus your work out is totaled ,really bring out the worst OCD in me. 

What's the boxing thing - 'Women weaken legs'  [no offence girls ,men probably do to].

Always have done. The worst I'll do is still leave a hundred or so the leg press but everything else be it bars or dumbbells, I'll put it all back.

Really pisses me off, also how hard is it to put the light plates at the top and work your way down on the heavier they are, the lower they go. 20s at the top isn't how it should be
I do give up on that Holly ,I get the DBs in a ok color order from light to heavy and in as best number order as I can,they go up to 70kg at Golds [those stay on the floor] 

The plates are just a nightmare ,it would take forever but yep I hate the look of it.

I'm much more careful lifting things now making I don't keep using the same arm and keeping a bend in my elbow ,sounds silly but that last repetitive 20-40mins you can stress you bicep tendons so easy.

Fuk doing it ED. Still I done it tonight helping the guy in charge as the fitness instructor on duty [i was training ,not working] did absolutely f-all. 

Fuk me ,that's all you do on a 5hr shift ,talk to the girl behind the desk ,perve ,WD-40 a M/C and laugh at people ,time to do his actual only work part and hes got his coat on watching me do it.

I hate leaving it looking wank.

Always have done. The worst I'll do is still leave a hundred or so the leg press but everything else be it bars or dumbbells, I'll put it all back.
Yeh that stuffs cool ,plates left lent up stuff is worse than leaving them lying on the floor ,found 4 x 25k plate ....next to the leg press....surprise!  .... Lent against the window. Divvys.

Back