Decent Weekend Of Boxing

Bellew got wellied didn't he.

Nobody thought anything else would happen though did they?

Yeah he got smashed, he's got bit of a down syndrome look about him.

He gets on my tits a bit hopefully he will pipe down after that showing

Didn't get to watch it...from what i gathered he dropped him with a straight left in the 6th?

Put a pound on round 5 & 6 for Superman K.O, got

I reckon Froch will want another stab at ward who will knock shite out of him.

That's if he bottles the grove rematch as I think we all know he will.

Was laughing at Stevenson's post fight interview with Kellerman where he completely bottled suggestions of a fight with Kovalev.

He's a massive puncher Kovalev, theres not many who would want to be in with him. Bellew can rebuild his career, altho I don't think hes a Cruiserweight. Shame to see him beaten, always support the Brits but it was a big ask & he has fallen short before at this level. Kovalev vs Stevenson would be good to watch

Froch must know he is past it deep down. Why would he fight Ward? Ward is the best boxer in the world for me ATM along with Mayweather, he could beat Froch & Groves at the same time whilst fighting James DeGale inbetween rounds.

I agree with Rents, Froch will bottle the rematch as he knows he will get the lips punched off him, but he loses all credibility of he does this. He should retire if he has enough money as he was made to look a right mug by Groves

Apparently groves has said he's open to fighting Froch, Froch has been saying he wants to fight ward or Chavez?

Froch needs to sort his head out, he might beat groves, he won't beat the other two.

He should take the rematch and if he wins, retire on a victory rather than getting embarassed by either of the other 2.

All depends on what Froch has left in the tank and going by what he's saying about not doing the rematch it would suggest he's about finished.  This is from a man who cannot ever have been accused of ducking fights until now.  

He'll want Ward if he's still got enough of the warrior mentality in him.  Imagine ending his career avenging that defeat as unlikely as it may seem. He'd have more of a chance in England of course but simply cannot see Ward travelling.

It's early yet with regards to a Groves rematch he may feel he wants to get that bone of contention out of the way and there's always a 3rd fight against Kessler i suppose but it's by far the least appealing option.

Nah he's actually specified he'd fight wArd in Vegas as he's never fought there.

He'd get walloped.

Ward would stink the joint out like always, fighting as though he's at a high school dance and end up with a comprehensive points victory.

Nah he's actually specified he'd fight wArd in Vegas as he's never fought there.

He'd get walloped.
Sounds like the Cobra is snaking his way out of any other potential fight in order to line his pension purse!

Ward would stink the joint out like always, fighting as though he's at a high school dance and end up with a comprehensive points victory.
Usually the case, Wards got the power, but never really seen him knocking people out for fun...

Last edited by a moderator:

Each fighter has his strengths and weaknesses we all know Froch can be out boxed, but his determination, durability, power and will to win has served him well. Froch is very much like Joe Louis in that they can both be out boxed badly, but find a way to prevail...Froch is 36 now, he's got maybe one more fight in him and I do think if he fights Groves again he will perform better to make it a clear, concise result. I have tons of respect for Froch, he's a tough guy.

James Degale's reaction to Froch vs Groves result:  http://youtu.be/34YTI7SfEa8

Last edited by a moderator:
Back