Ending a relationship.

Guerilla9

Elite Member
How do you tell your wife its over?

We've been together 10+years, have a 6 year old child. Always had our ups and downs but the last 3 years has consisted of less ups and more downs every year.

Been a couple of points over the last year when she's threatened to leave and i fought for her to stay. But now I

If you're sure I'd speak to a solicitor first mate, get your shit in order.

Then tell her the score once you're sorted, say what needs to be said and just don't be a dick about it or apply blame.

Need to be straight with her mate, no nastiness or nothing like that.

Have you spoke to her bout you feeling this way? Or is it going to be a shock for her?

Is it 100% impossible to salvage mate? Do you think if you keep it together it will go pish down the line?

Need to be straight with her mate, no nastiness or nothing like that.

Have you spoke to her bout you feeling this way? Or is it going to be a shock for her?
We havnt spoken in a few days after the latest argument. The last thing i want is nastyness. I think itll shock her coming from me, ive always been the one fighting to keep it together (or it feels like it anyway).

Is it 100% impossible to salvage mate? Do you think if you keep it together it will go pish down the line?
Its salvageable, but itll go tits up again. Ive not been happy for too long now.

Sorry to hear that mate. I was the same last year. Walked out after 9 years together, my son was 2 at the time. Hardest thing I have ever done in my life. It's been over a year & it is still hard.

Sorry can't post more right now. I've talked about it a bit on here.

Pm me if you want to chat

Sorry to hear that mate. I was the same last year. Walked out after 9 years together, my son was 2 at the time. Hardest thing I have ever done in my life. It's been over a year & it is still hard.

Sorry can't post more right now. I've talked about it a bit on here.

Pm me if you want to chat
Cheers spearman.

Cant really add anything but just wanted to say hope it works out ok mate, and best wishes!

Sorry to hear bud, never a nice thing to see having to happen but they do sometimes come to that point.

I'd recommend solicitor, then sit down and have a calm and honest talk just saying why you think is necessary and work it from there. Best wishes with it though bud, hopefully it can stay amicable.

We havnt spoken in a few days after the latest argument. The last thing i want is nastyness. I think itll shock her coming from me, ive always been the one fighting to keep it together (or it feels like it anyway).

Its salvageable, but itll go tits up again. Ive not been happy for too long now.
IMO/IME it WILL get nasty. Break-ups always do, especially when there's kids/homes/money involved.

Just be prepared - I'd agree with seeing a solicitor first and getting your sh*t in order - I've lost count of the number of couples Ive seen split up who both swear to god atr the begging that its going to be 'amicable'.... and 6 months later there's bitterness, recriminations, solicitors letters flying backwards and forwards etc etc

Was really hoping to avoid a solicitor at first. But thinking abou tit more it might be needed.

The only assett we have is the house, Neither one of us could support the bills alone, so id guess itll have to go. My parents lent us (which latter became a gift of sorts)

Last edited by a moderator:
A tough situation for anyone to be in and one that strikes particularly close to home for me at the moment. I know the feeling all too well, the same motions repeat over and over, eventually something has to change.

The advice above is good, at least listen to what a lawyer has to say even though they are ultimately in this to line their own pockets. It might be handy further down the line to have one who knows the situation even if you don't want him to start sending letters at this point.

All the best.

Back