Getting An Sia Badge Quick

Irish Beast

Sure some of you will know. struggling to find work so have considered doing security. Not necessarily bouncing. more likely long shifts on building sites. Guy I know controls security for the town so would probably give me a job if I had a badge. Woukd probably pay if I was going to do it long term but that's not my plan. I thought if I could get the badge quick then ask him tnst might work.

Sure some of you will know. struggling to find work so have considered doing security. Not necessarily bouncing. more likely long shifts on building sites. Guy I know controls security for the town so would probably give me a job if I had a badge. Woukd probably pay if I was going to do it long term but that's not my plan. I thought if I could get the badge quick then ask him tnst might work.

Thought you'd walk into something with your IT background mate... have you added all the recruitment agents on LinkedIn etc.

You would think mate but this town is 95% hospitality and tourism. Cant even get a basic admin job but I suspect I need to start dumbing down my cv a bit for those.

Pain in the arse as I have nothing to do and little cash. Stress levels are down which is good. Hopefully if/when I pass my driving test it will make job opportunities a little better as most places are a 40 min drive away that would have IT roles. Imp[ossible on public transport

just going through my renewal, door badge, think its gonna be a pain in the arse as have to provide loads of past history in terms of address and proof of living there, gotta go 5 years back. If you've moved you have to provide shit loads of bills, upto date driving license, passport etc. Last time i just rang up and 10mins later was done, now its all online and no contact numbers to ring.

Regards travel, a CBT (or Irish equivalent) and a 125 can be done cheap and would get you out of town. Plus you'd look hilarious on a little scooter.

SIA is an expensive ball ache, but security is easy work and you could probably spend time on the computer doing something productive.

No real advice to offer TBH!

Well I cant seem to do much productive on comp these days! Don't really know what else I can do on keep on looking, applying for jobs but as the weeks go on the confidence gets chipped down a little more so Im thinking any job could help.

Basically not going to happen. Was hoping job centre would put me through but they only will if you have a job offer on the table. Catch 22 as its a prerequisite to applying. So worth a look but to no avail. If I were making a career out of it I would consider it but I'm not so won't!

Id look at starting a drive business ;) . SIA is shite but if the company you go with has some good doors you can make a good wage from it

Back