Glucosamine dosage for Bodybuilders

Irish Beast

Dabbled with GH for a while and its left me with stiff fingers joints. Its getting better over time though.

Got some Glucosamine

Recommended dosage s 1500g a day. Will this be enough or should BBers use more. I have plenty of it to use. Considering adding some winny in to cutting cycle is the fingers subside so want to be cautious

I would start at about 4 times the recommended dose.

Monitor and adjust

Add in Fish oil if you're not using it.

Could try cissus if neither of these help.

Palumbo recommends BBers need between 4000 and 8000mg per day of Glucosamine to be effective

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Dan. Have some fish oil as it happens. Will up the dose then (unusual for me I know!)

I currently use 3x 1500mg tabs spread over the day.

found healthspan do some great glucosamine tablets.

Pip recommended Zipvit to me. Delivered next day and cheap as chips. 

Taking 4 a day. 2 x 1500mg morning and night. Can't do any harm and costs peanuts

I do 1500mg in the morning and 1500 in the evening, along with a cod liver oil tablet. 

I really wouldn't do the Winny until your joints are ok, I had a slight case of tennis elbow and Winstrol made me feel that the joints were rubbing against each other. For me anyway, it seemed to aggravate every little bit of joint or tendon pain I had. I do have crappy joints though...

Ah fair enough. Last I heard was that some study debunked it. They change their mind like the weather

I think the verdict is still out on it TBH....it's still used clinically, but it's effectiveness doesn't seem to be very clear from the studies (I could be wrong on that though as things may have changed since I bothered looking into it).

It's probably worth taking if it doesn't break the bank.

Glucosamine helped my knee, don't recall dose but it was certainly way above RDA. There's some link between high dosages and diabetes apparently, can't recall exactly how.

Back