Ground coffee

Massive coffee drinker and have Nespresso machines at home and work but I started used a Bialetti a few months ago and it's pretty much the best coffee maker I have for 1/20 of the price of my machines
I'll check it out ty mate

Cost is a consideration at the moment tbh

Nice .. Definitely a good bit of coffee snobbery, I need to treat myself to a proper machine Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly if you ever try a properly prepared coffee you will see the difference is night and day. People think starbucks and costa is good but it isn't. Their beans are over roasted and old. 

If you have a local independent coffee shop go in and try it, coffee is like wine with may different tasting notes. I do bang on about it but it is one of my passions. I warn you though once you have a good one it is hard to go back to bitter tasteless brews. Sugar will become a thing of the past though which is good for bodybuilding too haha.

I like a range of different coffee's, and I like the deep rich flavour too, which is why I prefer to drink it black. Just sample as many different ones as you can.... I'm still searching for absolute perfection, but its the search which is the fun part...Oh, and as far as coffee machines go. Give this some serious consideration: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000GXZ2GS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1432207813&sr=8-1?=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=aeropress&dpPl=1&dpID=417JpG8lOUL&ref=plSrch
Thanks for taking the time to post that mate looks of interest and not pricey eitheR

Tassimo, dolce gusto, nespresso, machine they are always half price in one supermarket or another, I just buy the pure coffee pods not the flavoured one, instant coffee doesn't come close Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really can't drink instant coffee lol

If you want to taste coffee at it's best and actually get flavour as opposed to the roast taste then you need to freshly grind coffee. Pre ground coffee is stale and thats that. It also needs to be freshly roasted.

You can achieve really nice coffee at home without spending alot too. Look into a Porlex hand grinder and buy some freshly roasted beans online (wholebean).Pour over coffee is the best non espresso based in my opinion, but the above will work just fine in a french press too.

Nespresso is to coffee what McDonalds is to food in my opinion but i am a coffee geek haha.
Will look into that for the future mate ty

Mick if you want to learn how to get the best out of your french press go to has bean website. They have tutorials and also sell freshly roasted whole bean coffee and well as pre ground if you have no grinder.

Mick if you want to learn how to get the best out of your french press go to has bean website. They have tutorials and also sell freshly roasted whole bean coffee and well as pre ground if you have no grinder.
I'll check it out today mate ty

Amazed at all the responses tyvm people :)

If that wets your appetite there is also a forum haha, Coffeeforums UK. Thats probably a bit too geeky for most, i am on there under same user name.

I might have an old Porlex hand grinder sitting some where doing nothing. If i can find it i will send it too you for free. It will need a good clean as it will have stale grounds in it which is never pleasant but you can have it as i never use it. 

I think I read that Costa and Starbucks but cheap beans and burn them for stronger roast but you can taste that they have been burnt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you get the taste for good coffee there's no going back. My wife bought me an espresso machine for my first birthday with her and I bought a conical-burr grinder shortly after. The coffee shop she worked in had both kona & blue mountain so we were truly spoiled as far as freshly roasted beans go.

Ever since then my expectations when ordering a coffee in any coffee shop have been low, particularly here in the UK.

If I have a long drive I'll take the Bialetti & my little camping stove rather than drink whatever they sell for

Once you get the taste for good coffee there's no going back. My wife bought me an espresso machine for my first birthday with her and I bought a conical-burr grinder shortly after. The coffee shop she worked in had both kona & blue mountain so we were truly spoiled as far as freshly roasted beans go.

Ever since then my expectations when ordering a coffee in any coffee shop have been low, particularly here in the UK.

If I have a long drive I'll take the Bialetti & my little camping stove rather than drink whatever they sell for

Back