How you arming yourself for winter to keep seasonal colds at bay?

is d3 still important if you are 'on'?

i use it when off to aid test production.

I just rely on my trusty old immune system.

Already on the back end of flu/cold and a horrendous stomach bug I quelled with Imodium and codeine so I'm hoping I'm safe until it mutates again......

Last edited by a moderator:
You use up and  drain nutrients and vitamins and put your whole system under stress when training. Add in alcohol  and other vices  and you are even more vulnerable than the average Joe.  

Dose up on goodness .

Not in any meaningful way that will come close to causing immune system problems, maybe in a 3rd world where you dont get regular good food each day.

Their is no real way of making your system "stronger", your system either reacts to the cold strain ( the immune system actually remembers all previous strains and can defend against them, but the strains change every year), so it has no way of detecting it and doing anything about it, you could have a genetic freak of a system and it wont know to do anything.

As above, wash your hands every time you pass toilets in work, and don't touch your face. This is the only real way of helping prevent infection.

Why strengthen your core? By doing back  extensions  or deeds.  When walking or breathing is enough to do that 

Surely upping your nutrients  will benefit your well  being

Just looking for your feedback guys.  I'm no nutrionalist  or doc

Well how is that comparable in any way?

Its biologically impossible no matter what you take, to make your  immune system any more resilient to catching a common cold.

Its biologically impossible no matter what you take, to make your  immune system any more resilient to catching a common cold.

This is the whole reason I posted to get info

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-boost-your-immune-system

Why strengthen your core? By doing back  extensions  or deeds.  When walking or breathing is enough to do that 

Surely upping your nutrients  will benefit your well  being

Just looking for your feedback guys.  I'm no nutrionalist  or doc

good idea for a thread scraps

Virtually all power produced by the body comes from your core mate. That's why it's a good idea to strengthen it.

Regards your actual point though, I genuinely don't know enough about it.

I do take a lot od vitamin d in pct to give test a bump and take it in the winter time normally. Just debating whether to bother or not now as I'm on cycle so test levels will be high as is. 

Ginger I like. Particularly if feeling a bit sick for whatever reason. Peel and cut some and add to boiling water and drink. Seems to work

The immune system has memory, the only way...at all..ever...it can be effective is against virus's known to it.

Hence, flu jabs, though that is good guess work, due to the flue strains predictions can be made to how the flu virus evolves, theirs a "trend" you get a "small" infecting when you get a jab..the immune system picks up in it...works with that...and knows what to look for should you pick it up in the wild.. It basically how ever single vaccination you have ever had as a kid works.

Until the super flu comes along that will wipe out a few million...and that's been talked about a lot..yea...we can all look forward to that one day. Just to give you another worry in your life lol.

So, if the immune system has no memory of what to look for when a new virus enters the battery..it happily ignores it for a short time, by that time you face deep in sinus gung not wanting to leave your bed and left with a strong desire to stay in bed with tea and terrible day time television for a couple of days.

Yes., you can at time but a lot of stress on the immune system, terrible rest in general, stress/ anxiety, though not much.
Coming off the back of chemo, or during an influenza infection ( was hospitalised with that myself, took about 6 months to get back to normal, also got shingles as my system couldn't defend myself)

Does taking all those supps mean you are better defended against a flu or cold virus..or any other kind of season bug...no..not at all, the immune system is perfectly capable with a normal diet, even a bit of a bad diet
The only way it gets better is from learning, hence a lot of people say let your kids play in mud so they can get the immune system to learn at a young age to protect you for life as you grow up.

As said before, create a new habit of not touching your face...washing you hands after being out at work..every time you go to the toilet, esp at work/ around kids, and clean things like keyboard mouse etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
No real opinion of taking it as a supp does much if anything to be honest.

Again, unless it suddenly has trace amounts of every single strain of cold there will ever be...it wont do anything to stop you getting a cold bug etc.

Found dosing glutamine with some berocca helps with recovering from a cold but it could just be the will to feel better/placebo effect

Back