Lifting platform tossers/common sense/rant!

Incognito

Resident wookie
So it's becoming a more regular affair, I'm on the lifting platform lifting funnily enough and random tossers either walk past far too close or just 'lurk' to one side between their equipment and platform and stand on the platform side chatting.

Today's prick nearly lost every bone in his foot he was standing that akwardly close ON the platform that when I dropped 240 on deads after pulling it up (noisey ffs not like he didn't notice me) it missed his foot by literally an inch and that's being generous.

Are these people ignorant or thick?

I would never stroll across the platform despite it being shorter route if someone's lifting even before I knew fuck all about gyms, was just basic safety and courtesy.

Almost as annoying as people asking you how

Many sets you have left when you in 'the hole' on a bastard heavy squat and straining your bollocks out - do I look fit to converse you complete fucking mongrel cnut.

Rant over. Anyone else nearly killed (euthanised) a gym mong? I'm inches away from head kicking them off platform all the time but now they are apparently lemmings and want to die under the bar. I'll catch the next one!

Unfortunately all that behaviour tends to describe my son when he has to accompany me down the gym... starts lurking and asking daft questions just as I'm doing something whereas the rest of the time he'll be doing his own thing or on his tablet and not care less what I'm doing LOL

That would do my head in tho, they would get a firm explanation from me at the very least

Oh we aren't talking kids mate that id understand and have tolerence for and just explain the safety aspect and danger to them as they are only young and I have inquisitive mischief makers myself lol

Full grown mid twenties meatheads / random skinny rakes and everything inbwtween up to middle age tossers who wear lifting belt I can only imagine all the way to gym and all the way home just to make sure someone knows they go to the gym. See said offender doing crunches in the ab machine with it on the other day.

I'm not one for watching what others do in gym couldn't give two hoots but when they are space invading they are forever then on my gym radar

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL a the habitual belt wearers... and they're always tho nasty .5cm thick cheap faux leather things

Yup that's the one. Normally emblazoned with an American chain bodybuilding gym. I can only imagine these gyms sponsor twats and swap belts for advertising. Never seen a serious gym goer in one.

I nearly took a guys fingers off as he started to do dl's in a corner (where there's not enough room) right next to me doing db press with the 50s. If I'd have dropped em instead of controlling them down then he'd be in the a&e waiting for a finger transplant.

About the "how many sets you got left.." people:

Had to ask a lad to give my gf some space in the gym as she was about to knock him out. A week out from a comp and she was in no mood! Hell hath no fury like a depleted female bodybuilder.

Lol what was he doing @Homercles bugging her for equipment or something?

Yeah sod approaching a hungry tired woman. Retreat to safe distance and throw chocolate in general direction works for me lol

@Incognito yeah bud, he'd asked her a few times over the course of the week and she was about to snap. I had a word before he lost some teeth :)

People don't seem to understand how close to death they are when they anger a dieting, bodybuilding, steroid using woman!

Hahahahhaha shouldn't laugh but your mrs putting the pest into orbit would have been funny and a tough lesson for him

Last edited by a moderator:
Back