Ready to drink shakes?

lets face it though water + protein powder generally tastes like p0ny. no matter how great they advertise it and testimonials e.g nectar matrix, it still tastes like shite, whereas gotta agree with op, multipower strawberry protein etc taste like fookin yazoo, lovely stuff tbh. small price to pay for convenience and taste if u ask me, lets face it also if something tastes nicer youll be able to drink it easier and more often than something that you have to force down, or am i wrong?

Recently I found a protein powder that suits me very well, after a long time searching.

So having found that, I would be kicking myself now if I were spending a lot of extra money.

Before tho, I would have totally agreed with you, as nothing really seemed to suit me.

If you have the money and aren't bothered, then I'd say do what you enjoy.

if i could afford it all my shakes would come from single serving rtds ... beacuse its easyier, no carrying big bulky shakers all day that you cant bin after when your out to

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lucky in that I get those Reflex Refresh RTD's for free quite often :cool: Gotto love being a cheeky cnut!

I had a Myoplex RTD strawberry cream drink today, got it as a freebee when I bought protein powder.

Tasted pretty good.

I tend to use these alot - more for convenience than anything else:

Maximuscle Maximilks - decent level of carbs, but very tasty, strawberry is loveley, chocolate is thick and filling, 30g's protein

Reflex Whey Refresh - 40g's protein, 0g carbs, 0g's fat - lovely taste, ideal for leaving in the car so you're never out of protein, don't fill you up that much due to it being a very thin, squash like shake

Cytosport Muscle Milk RTD's - amazingly lovely! Higher in fats and carbs however...but wow! 500ml container too.

Mutlipower RTD's - a decent PWO shake, but too high in sugar for snacking

IDS protein shots - great for leaving in the car, obviously too tiny to snack on as they don't fill you up

CNP Pro-Slams - as above, bit more expensive but have added beta-alanine

Muscletech Nitrotech - lovely taste, quite filling, very pricey (even to us) for a can

ABB - tried these in the US, quite nice. In the US you can get a 330ml can version that's mostly casein and ideal for the drive home after a night out (not drinking obviously).

There's some Syntha 6 RTD's coming out soon - they should be amazing! As soon as they're out, they'll be on the site (and in my stomach haha!) :)

I'm joking BTW. You're right: I've never tried a whey mixed with water that tastes "great". Milk yeah, but water....nope. if you're happy with the extra cost i really don't see the problem (& it can actually be more convienient, as stated above), although I have seen guys torn to shreds on forums before because they choose to spend their own money on a product because it "tastes nice".
I'd generally agree with this - and I know people will shout bias but I do think forums tend to push people towards the cheapest solution and assume everyone wants to spend as little as possible. If this were true for all consumers, places like Selfridges and Marks & Spencer's wouldn't exist. Everyone has a different budget and everyone has a different tier of "wants" from the products they choose to buy.

We have a couple open tubs of things in the office, plus shakers etc, but we'll still dive into Whey Refresh boxes every so often for the change. How much does a coffee cost nowadays? Whey Refresh =

The Reflex RTD is the only one I've had which didn't actually taste like a protein drink. Could easily be remarketed and sold alongside oasis etc in the shops. Absolutely amazing flavour, truly unbelievable, and I don't even like fruit flavours. Get one chilled out the fridge and mmmhmmmm. I was tempted to add in some vodka to be honest lol, vodka protein shake lush :D

now were talking! lol

Back