Supplements for General health

The Red Meat Kid

Elite Member
Interested in who's using what and why?

If you dont using anything and think its a waste of time thats great you dont need to point that out in here :)

Currently take

Hawthrone berry extract - BP

Celery extract - BP

3-5 strongly brewed Hibiscus tea - BP

Garlic & lycoplene - lipids

Multi vit + extra C, D3, E

Fish oil - Geneal health

Green tea, green coffee, various greens powders - antioxidants

cq10 - heart health

Only stings me around

Last edited by a moderator:
Mainly ZIpvit always have deals BOGOF etc. 

Health food shop near me for the lycoplene

Hibiscus tea any shop that sells fruit tea.. aslong as it has hibiscus listed in ingrediants, amount isnt important. 

Fish oil usually MP, every couple of months they have a 15% off so will buy in bulk then. 

Been using

maca root 2000mg a day

Vit d - 7500ui a day

Vit e - 800ui a day.

However in new year once ordered few bits will be

Multi vit
vit d

vit e

fish oil - probably alot

maca root 

Nice and simple, hopefully addition of multivit will help also.

I'm not big on supplements in general, but when it comes to general health stuff, there are a couple of things I consider staples....

Multi Vitamin/Mineral - general insurance policy

Omega 3 Fish Oils - anti inflammatory/lipids.  Dose varies from 3g-5g.

Ubiquinol CoQ10 - 100-200mg per day - this is basically the bio active form of Coq10.  The standard Ubiquinone (the most common form that is sold in most health stores) is by and large a waste of money unless you're mega dosing it.  Cardiovascular health/blood pressure.  

I suspect that for those who suffer from elevated BP, 200mg of ubiquinol would work out a lot more cost effective than buying 3 or 4 different blood pressure products and give you a lot more bang for your buck.

IP6 - 2-4g per day - this is a potent anti oxidant and iron chelator.  If you're eating a lot of iron rich food (meat + green veggies) then it's not uncommon for some people to get iron overload which can lead to all kinds of problems.  This helps with that.  

I'd say those 4 are mainstays, but there is one more I'm a fan of which is r alpha lipoic acid + curcumin combo.  Both very potent anti oxidants and curcumin in particular is a great anti inflammatory and great for joints.

I also drink quite a bit of green tea.

EDIT: Completely forgot about vitamin D3....5000iu per day

Multi vit - Cant get all traces from what i eat

D3 5000iu - mood and well being s well as better skin

K2 - 15MG PW for cholesterol regulation. Helps with lipid profiles

Thanks for input fellas. 

Always looking for things to keep lipids/bp in check and antioxidants I could include without have to take any script meds. 

multi vit-dont eat enough veg.

fish oil-bone and brain health.

cisus-tendons.

clucosamine and chronditin-tendons.

other than a mass gainer that is all the supplements i take. well, i guess there is whey in my bars too but i see that as more of a food.

I take:

Multivit tablet 

Cod liver oil tablet 

Glucosamine and chondritin 

Milk Thistle. 

The first three are obvious I suppose, my diet isn't as good as it should be and I get a lot of issues with my joints and tendons. It's been a while since my last cycle but I still take milk thistle, mainly because I still have some left but also as I drink too much and I also did my first few cycles without proper PCT and I always feel as if I am playing catch up with my liver. 

Fish oils and big doses of Vitamin B-complex. Does 25mcg T3 count?

I'm far too disorganised for supplements, seen the benefits more pre-AAS.

Back