Thailand update 2month in + employed!

JW Red label whisky ,sodas and red bull or M150 is a epic mix, proper old skool room spinner.

Anyhow some more info that may be of interest.

Knocking up rough budget today for supps, gear and foooooood, so here it is roughly with rough currency conversion. This will support my incoming bulk.

MONTHLY/WEEKLY- MARKET +TESCO 50baht = 1 quid.

TESCO:

WATER X 12 -120B -we don't drink tap water so we buy 1.5 litre bottle and btween 3 of us kane about 2/3 ED,I use one at the gym so we stock that up as and when....

POWDERED FRUIT/GREEN TEAS -100B -month---add ith sweetener to water,simple refreshing, about 25kcal half pint.

SWEETENER PACKETS X 50 - 100b

CHICKEN 8KILO

Last edited by a moderator:
A lancer evolution is trashy?

Obviously this relationship hasn't been thought through. End it now and return home. You know deep down it won't work.

I know, if you are hi-so here you drive a honda or a Chevrolet ,if you are a country boy with boy racer testes you drive a lancer,if you are poor you drive a 2 year old 4 door 4WD lush pick-up.

Finance deals are pretty lengthy here....for a poor country sure is alot of new motors.

I drove her older Honda civic back from Tesco sunday after much protesting form her, pretty smooth drive ,far nicer than any of the old clapped chavalier,mongayo's and Vectras I've had.

But auto still feels .....wrong ,I can't do man driving if I can't shift gear and rev at traffic lights, how fukin pointless!

Excellent read, rally had me imagining your lifestyle :D

Glad its going well for you, please keep this updated for us guys, who do routine stuff 7 days a week!

Snapped this in chinatown the other day....getting a taste of asia in manchester is easy! (in more ways than one)/monthly_11_2012/post-1000-0-26864100-1352859452_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• 20121107_152622.jpg
    20121107_152622.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 21
Lol ^^^ you wouldn't of been jealous right 10mins ago ,I have a awesome headache and 30 x 6year old Asian kids with screamy lil voices who pronounce my name as 'Creache' or 'cake' are going slightly sugary nutso. Soooo loud its unreal.

Some mahoosive fat kid just did the whitest milk vomit in the centre of class ever and a pre-pubescent 11y.o girl with strangely yellow HUGE sunglasses won't leave my side ....literally....

Every hour on the hour a 10second excerpt from that well famous Mozart songs plays and we all change classroom, its kinda of Nazi Concentration camp in that way and the morning flag raising song/prayer thing just reminds me of a surreal kinda of Schindlers list /Twin peaks moment.

It's trippy sometimes .....or I'm just off my tits but I reckon its both.

On the + side working with 20+ Women and only 3 guys I'm pretty much the target of flirting for atleast 5 of them, the cleaner would defo 'serve' me .....shes goes to ploppy pieces if I get within 10 paces of her.Its like some of them -the adults -are 12 I swear but in a funny way.

Big young dinner lady girl aswell just refills my plate with fried chicken as I eat, she lurvvves me blush mode,amusing.

I have to shake this schoolgirl tag along thing though, shes cramping my style and making me all Saville looking.

What's Thai for .... thanks for following me but what do you want pls?

She wants to know what kind of animal Ronnie Coleman is.....lol.

Also my new favourite Thai-English -Tinglish mistake is...

Rhinocersaurus. . . .for real.

.....also.....& this I assume to be a joke......a 4/1 ratio of Female/Lesbian teachers just surrounded me and implied I'm Santa in the Christmas play. They are weeing themselves telling me this.

Ho-ho-no.....

Fuck right off.

So you're pretty much a hero surrounded by Thai fanny while I'm squatting next to a drain pipe sneaking a Ciggy because I'm no longer permitted to smoke on works property, freezing my bollocks off and being harassed by what I think is a centipede?

I feel much better about my life now, honest.

I need to grow a set and just take a risk like you I think, i bet 2 years ago you never thought Anyone would say this but you're a bit fucking inspiring right now Craig old boy!

So you're pretty much a hero surrounded by Thai fanny while I'm squatting next to a drain pipe sneaking a Ciggy because I'm no longer permitted to smoke on works property, freezing my bollocks off and being harassed by what I think is a centipede?

I feel much better about my life now, honest.

I need to grow a set and just take a risk like you I think, i bet 2 years ago you never thought Anyone would say this but you're a bit fucking inspiring right now Craig old boy!

And ive been sat for the last 2 days in a tiny office with 4 fat ass woman on a course about how to deal with challanging bloody behaviour. having to actually try and concentrate over the fat birds eating packets and packets of crisps and biscuits. One of them actually had a sweat on all day yesterday. Beads of sweat n all :(

Dem carb sweats....

Bet her fanny fucking stunk, that chair of hers will be unusable today.

Like an oily slip road...

Gee thanks you made me blush! cheers mate! do appreciate feedback from you guys TBH as you can take stuff for granted.

I've just been abit lucky with the GF who thankfully had savings and loves my sorry druggy ass enough to loan me the money to get started. Could happen to anyone.

The job so close & gym close is lucky forsure though, its keeping me fresh cause I hated commuting in the UK let alone here.

Driving the car around now and getting used to the crazyness and I trust my driving more than hers.

Auto's are crazy easy ,just make half of your body paralysed.

Her Dad still seems ok with me here also, I reckon after Crimbo he might mention something but he knows I will rent a box of a room probably across the road in the cheapo flats and walk back to the house anyhow once he goes back to Laos so we'll have to make a decision then as a couple whether to splash on a better little condo or blagging it here and paying for a empty box that we'll never be at .....but getting closer to work/gym would be impossible.

Maybe I can say I'm living at the school for nothing.

Anyhow 3.30pm and I'm home today, other teachers I found out stay there doing student duties til 5-6pm -ouch!

They have some special day thing on Thursdays which judging by how the students are dressed ....and some of the teachers is Boy scout/girl guide/brownie day....fuk knows, I don't have to get involved in any duties so I stay in the teacher room on the net or watch DVDs.

A 31 year old fellow teacher Man just looks.....odd dressed as a boy scout....

Todays schedule for me....

7-8am -gate duty, my day is Thursday so I start 30mins early and for one hour stand in the car park and greet [Wai -hands together prayer like thingy] all the kids and parents with 2 or 3 of the other teachers, I do it with my bestie girl mate there so we spend the whole hour learning one-anothers dirty words then smile at parents.

As said before this is Yummy mummy hour and all dressed up shirt and tie I brush up ok so its a good start to the day, I get more smiles in 1 hr than I would in the UK for a year. I am whitening my teeth ....these fuckers all have perfect gobs.

8-8.30 -teacher room, pidgeon English and Thai spoken with the Women teachers. In my 2nd floor room there is me and 5 Ladies, all nice girls.

8.30 -9.30 -K2 - Kinderkiddies 25 x 4year olds,I get another teacher to help + we get a assistant.

Very basic ,what is your name -- my name is ....etc ,every 5mins stand them up and clap your hands ,point to your ears ,show them what up is ,sing a song about Papaya, you feel a cnut but hey who's watching!

9.30-10.30 K2/B same again.

These classes show 1hr but in reality we teach about 45mins of that.

10.30-11.30 Free period -browse net ,talk bollox ,edit diet ,get a sweaty ass. Questioned if D.Palumbo pic is a human person.

11.00 - Get told by the overlord boss lady I have to come down to the canteen to feed me cause she never sees me eat [haha---just wait] .....saying no carbs isn't going to cut it so I accept a pepsi and give to the kids ....and stash the sticky rice in my bag.

Rest is BBQ chicken and fried drumsticks that kick ass out of Col Saunders, once I've finished that ,que fat dinnerlady/cleaner to come bowling over mooshin kids in there face to give me more. Thank you ....I tell her she looks good in Thai, mega-blush then brings me coconut treats ,these are awesome but I stash for later.

Every 5 seconds and I do mean that the young kids wave or try to get my attn and says hello teacher....amusing. Its VERY noisy.

Having finished my free dinner [and my 1st ever school dinner TBH ] the song/bell goes and..... its my dinner hour :) so I walk home, its baking so I walk fukin slow, a habit I picked up from the Thai's. 2min walk I reckon.

Come home, doss further. Dinner finishes at 12.30 ,I get back about 10mins late but nothing is ever done on time here and the 200+ primary kids are still bundling in.

The kindergarten & primary bits are like two separate school but I work both.

Next 12.30 -3.15.....3 x free periods. I'm told in this time by every teacher popping in and out to relax more and not work too hard....ahh kk no probs. In this time ,my bin is emptied for me by vaguely cute cleaner who I also tell looks good ,she goes to pieces....I assume her mental age at 14 ,she refills my ice container for me and cleans my general area, I oversee this procedure and make mental notes regarding her ass.

She then talks in Thai and I nod and constantly say Jing jing-really and Chai/khup-yes....I have no idea what she said. Awesome.

Given a envelope by my bestie workmate with a 1000baht in [20qid] ,everyone has one, it takes me 15mins to assume this is given as a mid month bonus for working hard,this is my 3rd week but apparently I'm making the school look so good with a caring lovely foreign teacher they will reward me too.

Jokes and self praise aside as its a private school parent feedback is constant and all the kids are reporting I'm quite the friendly clown and they love me.

Am I really doing a good job? I don't know guys but I am trying and learning as I go. It not rocket science with the lil uns but you have to think more as they get smarter/older.

Some students are a pleasure and hungry to learn, some are little Craig's from my younger years giving me payback and they are utter little shits but seeing as we top out at 12years old they are not sadistic or anything.

Worth mentioning.....when I went to school the pupils changed class with each lesson and the teacher would remain present in his History/English/Maths room....here the teachers move and the students as classes are given there own room which TBH gets them bored quicker but its quicker moving a teacher than 40 kids past 30 other kids.

Haven't seen much bullying or rough stuff, the Thai teachers discipline very quickly with a ruler before shouting and they don't f--k about and TBH it doesn't do the kids any harm to get a good rap on the hands, I know some of you may have opinions on this and I may raise it in another thread.

I belittle them if they get silly or give them responsibility or I shout if I have too.

I like the smart ones, the dumbass thick as fuck ones do my head in......the ones that were me! at school 25years ago.

A sense of apathy is required I think. You can only teach as fast as the bad kids /slow kids will go but thankfully no political correctness here ,the good kids mostly get there own class .

Its a good job and lifestyle for BBin for sure however in future I'd need more money but even now with no rent if I didn't owe money to my GF and a couple of grand to a UK mate and I didn't spend too much on BBin I could live pretty fukin well as in go away every month, invest in property ,eat out good once a week or go out clubbing ,go shopping for new clothes etc etc .

All on 500qid a month....if you have 1k English + here and a bird to take care of you and you weren't a pisshead you'd live fukin well and be able to plan ahead family/house/car -mod-cons wise.

I'm sure negatives will arise soon, that's life but road looks clear for now.

I still think of the UK everyday in the way you get nostalgic over a X but I enjoy being the alien, its a adventure.

Fcuk cliches and sorry to make everyone cringe cause you fuckers all know me but here in this little stretch of Bangkok I am somebody, the teacher from the private school with the girl from a very good family......[+junkie c--t....also true]

In the UK I was dole scum living in my dead Mums council house trying to make 2qid electric last 4days and wondering WTF I'm meant to do now its 'too late' at 38. [+junkie cnut].

Right I'm going for a 5pm nap, the gym then out 2nite at a cheap street restaurant as its GF night, after all that I will consider getting a bona but no promises.

Cheers for reading my drivel!

A few fatties here, kids and teachers but its rare, the fatties appear to be really fat, no middle ground. 99% of the staff body wise atleast are pretty f--kin fit and friendly-not-up-own-ass with it.

The sweatiest jippo is my far the English teacher with the spikey blonde gay hair.....I can see right thru him.....

Back