Too old to start boxing?

spearman

Elite Member
I'm 33. Think it's too old start boxing training & possibly fighting? Don't see the point in training if I wasn't going to fight. Anyone here box?

Dunno man, I think I have heard of a couple of guys go pro despite starting very late, although I think about 28 or so.

Still U could definitely get some fights no doubt. Club near me, turn up and train for six months and work hard you will get a fight.

No at all! If you do go stick with it though. The amount of people I see coming in and out of my club in unreal its like a revolving door. I know a few fellas in there 30s just started boxing and they are certainly in much better nick now then they were six months ago, I personally wouldn't rush into fights though just take is as it comes wait till you're ready!

You'll definitely enjoy it though!

I go once-twice a week. I go for the conditioning nothing more, the hour and a bit of warmup and cardio is awesome followed by bag work and some sparring if you wish.

Never too old but I ain't got any intention of going any further it's for fitness and keeping flexible more than anything else.

34 is the age limit for amateur boxing in England, but there are loads of white collar/unlicensed events all over the country now and I know loads of lads in their 30's & 40's going on for these. Give it a shot mate its hard graft but you should really enjoy it

Back