• UGM acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

UGM does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on UGM or its messaging systems.

Using HCG

• Thread starter fah_gedda_boudit
  • Start date
F

fah_gedda_boudit

Q for those who have used HCG using both common protocols:

*HCG throughout the cycle, eg: Swale's Protocol, Pheedno's, etc.

*HCG every 4-7 weeks etc &/or just before PCT.

Which have you found more effective for recovery (taking into account cycle length, doses, etc). Is this with bloodwork, or just by "feel"?

Last edited:
Although i havent tried that method, i think the better way is to take it throughout the cycle at low doses. I just can't be arsed tho half the time and end up doing it towards the end! If you run it like that and it keeps your balls at normal size then that should be an indicator for optimum recovery.

i tried 500iu's mon/wed/fri for the last 3 weeks of my cycle and didnt find it to be very effective tbh - took another 3 weeks of pct before everything was back up to normal size..

How long does it take to notice that you need HCG? Is it a case of waking up one morning to find your nuts have gone and you have boobs.

What are the immediate tell tale signs?

pmsl.. no boobs mate..

i cant say i woke up on morning and noticed but i did eventually see a bit of shrinkage... dont expect to wake up with raisins where your nuts used to be lol but for me it was noticeable.

pmsl.. no boobs mate..

i cant say i woke up on morning and noticed but i did eventually see a bit of shrinkage... dont expect to wake up with raisins where your nuts used to be lol but for me it was noticeable.

I may have exagerated on the boobs....

How long did you run HCG for before you got back to normal and what happenes if you take it in a panic but den't really need it... say you wake up and it is a cold morning and all has shrunk anyway? I guess the best thing it to try a hot water bottle first to find out. lol.

i tried 500iu's mon/wed/fri for the last 3 weeks of my cycle and didnt find it to be very effective tbh - took another 3 weeks of pct before everything was back up to normal size..

Only used it on one cycle, similiar to how you did (plus mid cycle) , & balls wer ok size-wise..

Reason i did it that way was because I was paranoid about the issue of Leydig cell desensitivity. Seems like a much better practice to keep them ticking over throughout tho'. Raed quite a few articles on it recently, but was hoping someone had tried both methods so i could get some real world feedback & comparison's, rather than just scientific reasonings from an article.

I do 500iu a day for 3 days every 3 weeks during cylye. Found it vey good for recovery and great for sex drive!!

Only used it on one cycle, similiar to how you did (plus mid cycle) , & balls wer ok size-wise..

Reason i did it that way was because I was paranoid about the issue of Leydig cell desensitivity. Seems like a much better practice to keep them ticking over throughout tho'. Raed quite a few articles on it recently, but was hoping someone had tried both methods so i could get some real world feedback & comparison's, rather than just scientific reasonings from an article.

yeah, from my experience id probably agree with using it all the way through..

apparently, theres only a risk of desensitivity if doseages above 5000iu's are used - ok, this is from articles again lol but normal medical doseages for impotency are up to 4000iu's p/w

I may have exagerated on the boobs....

How long did you run HCG for before you got back to normal and what happenes if you take it in a panic but den't really need it... say you wake up and it is a cold morning and all has shrunk anyway? I guess the best thing it to try a hot water bottle first to find out. lol.

I ran it for the last 3 weeks of my cycle and, in all honesty it wasnt too effective - it still took until the 2nd week of pct for everything to 'feel' normal again lol.

the question now for me is whether id run it all the way through the cycle or opt for a higher doseage for the last 3 weeks - maybe up it to 750.. :unsure:

id say run it through the cycle, prevention is better than cure.

my hcg usage has always been sketchy in the past but in my next one it ill be running it from a few weeks in.

on one of my first courses, deca/sus, i hadnt checked the plums for ages and when i did i was f*ckin shocked! peas! this was before i had info from t'internet.

id say run it through the cycle, prevention is better than cure.

my hcg usage has always been sketchy in the past but in my next one it ill be running it from a few weeks in.

on one of my first courses, deca/sus, i hadnt checked the plums for ages and when i did i was f*ckin shocked! peas! this was before i had info from t'internet.

I can always tell when HCG is necessary, less swing between the legs - lol

apparently, theres only a risk of desensitivity if doseages above 5000iu's are used - ok, this is from articles again lol but normal medical doseages for impotency are up to 4000iu's p/w
Yeah, read the same, but doesn't stop my paranoia about my bollox lol. FWIW, I'm thinking of running something along the lines of 250iu EOD, Mon/Wed/Fri, or something similiar from Week 1, so I can't see an issue in reality, other than that all my HCG is in 5000iu vials so I'm gonna be wasting quite a bit.

Q for the tech-heads, as just for a change I'm gonna ask rather than research myself (though I will do later <_< ):

IIRC, the desenitivity of the Leydig Cells occurs through aromatisation, which is why Nolva is often run with HCG by both BB'ers & the medical community (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

So I assume running an AI (aromasin) throughout the cycle would also prevent this desentsitivity, & it isn't something intrinsic to Nolva itself on a different level? (I'll be running the Aromasin anyway, not adding for that reason).

Back