• UGM acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

UGM does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on UGM or its messaging systems.

Zopiclone - Any Advice, Contraindications Etc?

Arterial Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Just about to start using Zops. Never used much benzos before apart from the odd bit of diazepam.

Any advice or contraindications to be aware of?

The only thing I found was a bit out of breath bout 30mins after taking them but I have bad asthma. The taste the next day was a bit of an issue (a metallic taste that can't be masked easily). Also the dreams were horrible.

They work a treat for sleep no doubt about that, although the metallic taste is horrendous. It lasted most of the next day for me.

I prefered xanax to zop.

Zop had me waking up on the floor 12 hours after taking, just next to the sofa so clearly i knew i was falling asleep and tried to make it to bed.....but failed.

Metalic taste isnt great but i hadnt been sleeping properly for some time so was by far the lesser of two evils.

Tried one last night with 3mg melatonin.
Don't notice any metallic taste.
Didn't notice it made me drowsy either.
Slept fine tho, nearly 6 hours.

Do these sides take time to accumulate?

potent. I have half a tablet when i know i wont be able to sleep and quickly does the job. Done side, a part from the horrible taste, i feel dazed in the mornings till around 11am, so i dont take them often, avoid unless needed basicially.

Diaz, 10mg of that and im no where near as bad in the mornings.

Last edited:
They are sleep hypnotics rather than benzos so you won't have to worry so much about the dependency issues.
Not everyone gets the bad taste
I don't

They are sleep hypnotics rather than benzos so you won't have to worry so much about the dependency issues.
Not everyone gets the bad taste
I don't

i use the Actavis, or whatever the name is, zops, and theyre film coated, so dropping a full one i dont get any taste, however, breaking them in half and consuming, different matter ha.

The film coating won't stop the taste as its in your head. (Taken from another forum):
That metallic taste after the ingestion of Immovane or Zopiclone rather, is normal and, as I understand it, fairly prevalent. What your experiencing is called Dysgeusia and due to the rather complicated neurochemical interface between the taste buds on your tongue and the part of your brain that decides how it feels about what you just put on them, it's not something you can just brush or wash away.

Your tongue is a highly innervated body component and different cranial nerves work in tandem to provide you with the sensation of taste. Different planes of your tongue are also innervated seperately from others and are more sensitive to different chemicals than others. While the tongue is the primary sensor of taste, the whole oral cavity as well as the olfactory system also play a role in the sensation.

While I could not tell you extactly why Immovane causes that unpleasentness and I certainly couldn't tell you what part of the whole taste-brain interface has gone bonkers on you. Nothing in my reference texts reveals the truth of the mystery, though I did check upon reading your post.

SWIM has spoken with patients on Immovane who tried taking cough drops with anesthetic in them and reported that it helped with the taste and made it more pleasent to drink beverages during the hours the bitter taste was present. Benzocaine is often the topical antisthetic used in cough medicine so if you consider trying this method make sure you check the ingredients on the back of the package and make sure you get a flavour that isn't equally as displeasing to you as the Immovane.

Don't forget that your pharmacist is the expert on medication and he or she might be able to make some suggestions to you that your physician may not be able to. Pharmacists know more about medications than the average physician and they might have some tips for dealing with the undesirable side-effects of your medication.

Other patients have also told SWIM that water, coffee, tea, and juices were particularly bad, but that carbonated beverages were much more pleasant to consume while the taste was still present, though the taste was not completely masked.

Neither of the above suggestions are medically validated of course, but neither are they particularly dangerous, unless you have an allergy to something in the cough medicine.

Dysgeusia will subside as the drug dissipates in your system, often this is closer to the afternoon on the day after ingesting the medication.

As already mentioned Ive used most brands if take 1 tab i sleep well but cant get my head of the pillow in the morning and feel drowsy till mid day ,

And as already mentioned i suffer from Tin mouth in the morning

What i use now days and find better is Clonazepam before bed , less drowsiness and i dont get the tin mouth

Beware of the flooded market of fake benzo's craptivis/cresent etc. They probably contain a RC version. The fella making them has stopped and switched over to xanax because they are far more addictive. 4mg bars!!!

Temezapam is top of the chain for sleep meds imo

Beware of the flooded market of fake benzo's craptivis/cresent etc. They probably contain a RC version. The fella making them has stopped and switched over to xanax because they are far more addictive. 4mg bars!!!

Temezapam is top of the chain for sleep meds imo

The 'pharma' Diazepam doing the rounds is definitely dodgy imo. Like you say probably a RC drug in them.
I need to get myself some more Xanax that Serbian brand forget the name.

The 'pharma' Diazepam doing the rounds is definitely dodgy imo. Like you say probably a RC drug in them.
I need to get myself some more Xanax that Serbian brand forget the name.

Ksalols?? I'm sure they have been copied as well. From what I've heard ALL the rc vals are going to vanish as they guy making them (well known) has figured xanax/rc xanax is far more addictive.

Back