Littleliam's Natty Powerlifting Journal

BPC allow them raw. Last comp was in Folkestone and in cahoots with the WPC who didn't. I wanted to score for both Feds so didn't wear em. I wear a belt on comp day. Not training though. 150raw is an awesome bench. My lagging lift is bench ATM. Using DB work to get stronger off the chest. Yeah there's a few guys at my gym who did the same thing going straight to equipped back in the day. Bill West, Neil Arnold, Paul Newell.

I'm doing 351 for PL by Jim Wender - one of the first guys to squat 1000lbs. On this week he want you to do max reps in the final lift. So I did. I was pissed off for the funeral do channeled it.
na, its pretty shit lol.

fookin squats last Sat buggered my elbows, haven't trained this week. forgot what the pressure on elbows is like, holding a low bar at 200kg +, now i rem what gave me tennis elbow the most! :sad:

BPC allow them raw. Last comp was in Folkestone and in cahoots with the WPC who didn't. I wanted to score for both Feds so didn't wear em. I wear a belt on comp day. Not training though. 150raw is an awesome bench. My lagging lift is bench ATM. Using DB work to get stronger off the chest. Yeah there's a few guys at my gym who did the same thing going straight to equipped back in the day. Bill West, Neil Arnold, Paul Newell.

I'm doing 351 for PL by Jim Wender - one of the first guys to squat 1000lbs. On this week he want you to do max reps in the final lift. So I did. I was pissed off for the funeral do channeled it.

A lot ended up using knee wraps though unless they were going for raw world records

Regarding 351, my understanding of it is that you don't max out for as many reps on the last set, that was what you did on 531. My understanding of 3/5/1 was to add in heavy double or singles depending on the week so the first week would go 3/3/3 and some heavy doubles, second week would just be a deload so 3x5 then 3rd week would be 1x5, 1x3, 1x1 and then some heavy singles. That's my understanding anyway

lads, in all my years training i have never adopted any of these systems. i always go by how i feel in any particular session, has always worked best for me, ever i ever decided 'im going to lift x,y and z', it just never worked out that way and affects the psychology (well, for me anyhow) of training effectively.

lads, in all my years training i have never adopted any of these systems. i always go by how i feel in any particular session, has always worked best for me, ever i ever decided 'im going to lift x,y and z', it just never worked out that way and affects the psychology (well, for me anyhow) of training effectively.

tbh mate, im the same, I started a routine but now go by feel, if i fancy doing a max i will, or back off and do reps etc, as long as u enjoy a suppose its the main thing?

I've made great gains following routines. I throw in extra accessory work/reps as and when I want.

I've made great gains following routines. I throw in extra accessory work/reps as and when I want.

Im too lazy mate, routines will deffo benefit in long run and for plateau's' it§ just im too lazy and carefree, i hate routine for training aftÉr a few weeks, get bored easy and like to chop and change a bit.

as you start to hit your natural limits you'll find these this slowing down a little, and that's when going by feel clicks in. we all get those random workouts were everything just clicks and you feel as if you could lift all night long, that's the time to hit hard on those big deads or squats etc, the body always rem's it was there before :thumb:

Not trained squats or bench this week.

Had loads on at work and have been all over the place for it.

Off to Florida tomorrow so not all bad :)

Not sure what I'm gonna train over there as yet....

Reactions: JB
Found a gym where we're at. Has a smih machine :sad: with a sloped travel, not vertical. Weird. :sad:

Anyway, thought I'd carry on where I left off.

Week ? Im gonna carry on as if week 3

In USA so weights are in lbs

Session 1:

SMITH BENCH assuming bar weighs 25lbs

100x5
130x5
155x3
190x5
215x3
245x2

No heavy singles after this. Ran out of plates. Lol.

LAT PULL DOWN - no place to do chins
p13x5x4sets

DB BENCH
50sx10x4sets

DB ROW
50x5x2sets
50x15

TRICEP PUSHDOWNS
p8x10x10sets

OVERHEAD TRICEP EXTENSIONS
p8x10x10sets

DB CURLS
12sx10x10sets

EZ BAR REVERSE CURLS
20+bar x10x10sets

Then some swimming in the pool amd some tanning. Reading the Hobbit on my Kindle before the film comes out...

Got bored so

Session 2:

DB SHRUGS
40sx10x10sets

LAT PULLDOWN
p5x10x10sets

SINGLE ARM CABLE CROSSOVER
p4x10x5sets each side

Pulled from high to low, outside to inside. Trying to work the upper chest with these.

Boom!

LEGS

All in lbs

SMITH SQUATS

115x10x5sets

LEG PRESS

100x10
200x10
260x10
260x10
260x10

LEG CURL

120x10
120x10
120x10
120x10
120x10

LEG EXTENSIONS

P8x10x5sets

SEATED ROW

105x10x5sets

Done.

Good workout. More of a goat volume than anything else. Now caught up (ish) with last week. So going to deload for the rest of my time here and do some bb type work on weak areas.

OHP AND SHOULDERS TODAY, plus some t shirt muscles...

STRICT MILITARY PRESS (SMITH MACHINE)

65x5
85x5
115x3

115x3
115x3
115x3
115x3
115x10

These are awkward in the smith. Don't like the bar path

DB SHOULDER PRESS

30x10
30x10
30x10
30x10
30x10

LAT PULL DOWN - mechanical drop sets

WIDE GRIP
P8x10
P8x10
P8x10

SHOULDER WIDTH
P8x10
P8x10
P8x10

D HANDLES - really close grip
P8x10
P8x10
P8x10

Felt like these hit my upper chest too...?

CABLE TRICEP PUSH DOWNS (STRAIGHT BAR)

P8x10
P8x10
P8x10
P8x10
P8x10

CABLE BICEP CURLS (STRAIGHT BAR)

P8x10
P8x10
P8x10
P8x10
P8x10