Back Development Discussion

Discuss away, this is now a new thread.

Don might have some interesting views on deadlifts and back development but lets keep the personal insults out of it. Some of them have been ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

I know he’s a melt.

It’s well known how I feel about anonymous willy waving on the board, it’s pathetic for grown men to hide behind screen names. It’s a view shared by many of the members.

I’ve had the guy on ignore tbf, no time for the anonymous. He had enough attention, he was defo turned on by it as well.
Forums have an inherent anonymity though don't they. Think of some of the best posters this forum has ever had and they've been very private so I think that's a bit unfair. Joshua if you want an example.

I may not agree with Don's views, however I feel the insults are a bit over the top and unnecessary.

This has gotta be a wind up now
This guys lats are terrible
Look at the best backs in bodybuilding, they’re not built on cable rows ffs
On this board look at @Con, his back is huge from his powerlifting days, pretty sure wasnt built on cables
From my own experience, my back is my weakest part. Why?
Coz I spent years fucking around with cables as bodybuilding wasn’t a priority. Now I’m looking to progress, heavy rows and deadlifts are in and guess what? I’m getting bigger
Plus no disrespect to a physique legend aka Gironda BUT!!!
That guy wouldn't turn heads today in any gym.
What was he? A middle weight or a small light heavy?

If you want a small physique then of course do the pull ups and cables.
You can still look great and have nice lats and taper.
But you're not going to carry a lot of muscle.
I consider my self a medium sized bber in no ways massive or any thing like that.
But I carry around 100kg at 6% body fat when I can train correctly at barely 5ft8.
If I wanted to be 80kg and ripped then yes I wouldn't need heavy compounds at all.
It's all about what you want.

Now if you cant do deadlifts then full range of motional parallel to the floor rows will grow a huge back too.
You don't need to deadlift and for some people its not ideal.

Now for you that think lifting heavy deadlifts gives you a bad back GTFO fellas!
Lifting like an asshole will blow your disks out on a range of exercises and one stupidly done deadlift will blow you out.
But I have zero back pain, back feels great and I put that down to heavy deadlifts.
If I never had done heavy compounds post spinal surgery I may not be able to say that now....

If you guys really want to see what body weight exercises can do look at the callestenic experts.
They look great when stood by them selves or an average human.
However pop them next to heavy weight bber or pler and they will disappear.

A lot of big Bodybuilders Dip or chin with a very small range of Motion.. They're just too heavy. Watch a video of say Jay Cutler doing dips for Triceps. Chins even worse. Each to their own but I prefer to be all round fit myself. Military & Police forces around the world use these type of exercises for a reason.. Of course a Bodybuilder is Training for another goal. Remember years ago we had a big Bodybuilder in our unit..8 Mile weighted runs like a cft..struggled big time. bft in Boots & lightweight.,.failed. Trained at a local gym. Good lad but just did not help him...he did juice too..or so I heard. Depends on goals. I do think there is a place for bodyweight Training integrated in a Bodybuilding Programme.

Don now at his computer.

A7A67CE4-4D0B-4FF9-897B-3B6029967D0D.png

Don just so you know mate, it’s fairly obvious since you found out about that private section that you’ve tried really hard to increase your post count even though you said “ who’s interested in a circle jerk LOL “

LOL you are obviously but yeah, you might as well give it a rest mate, you still aren’t getting in as no fucker who stays anonymous gets in. Why would people trust some shady character who didn’t even have the good manners to introduce themselves like?

Feel free to introduce yourself properly like, they might change their minds but as it stands youre wasting your time.

Hope that clears things up for you mate as I can tell you were really trying your best there with the posting.
well first of all..who are you? do i need your seal of approval on here? I could not care less about some made up secret group...lol grow up FFS... i joined this Forum a while back. nothing to do with you or anyone else who i am.

A lot of big Bodybuilders Dip or chin with a very small range of Motion.. They're just too heavy. Watch a video of say Jay Cutler doing dips for Triceps. Chins even worse. Each to their own but I prefer to be all round fit myself. Military & Police forces around the world use these type of exercises for a reason.. Of course a Bodybuilder is Training for another goal. Remember years ago we had a big Bodybuilder in our unit..8 Mile weighted runs like a cft..struggled big time. bft in Boots & lightweight.,.failed. Trained at a local gym. Good lad but just did not help him...he did juice too..or so I heard. Depends on goals. I do think there is a place for bodyweight Training integrated in a Bodybuilding Programme.

The police do not use the dip or chin at all in any kind of fitness test or training, the military too, well the RAF anyway

The police do not use the dip or chin at all in any kind of fitness test or training, the military too, well the RAF anyway
well i can assure you chins & dips are used. I did them when i joined.

Back