• While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Blood Test Results. High Iron?

Spartan111

Hi lads. Been a while since I posted hit been looking in every now and then.

Got latest bloods done. All looking really well. Cholesterol only one marker slightly out. Usual CK levels and all the ones pushed a bit higher from training etc.

Iron has went crazy.
Always been on 2g Vit C. (I read this increases iron uptake) so dropped yet out.
No iron in vitamins etc.
Only this is I’ve added some 5% mince and venison sausage meals into the diet. Surely that can’t add much?

Reading 47.45. Top limit is 28!!

Still usual sups. 300mg Test E. (Interestingly test levels are only just a bit higher than upper limits) And 200mg Masteron.

Any ideas?

I’m sure anyone who eats a few red meat meals doesn’t just double their iron levels though.

Did go to give blood 4-5 weeks ago. But iron was bang on max and couldn’t take it. It’d been a long hectic morning and the nurse said even a bit dehydration can cause it. Hence I didn’t follow it up and she said 3 months before I can go again.

Just wanted to ask before I book a docs appointment to check for hemocheomatosis in case there was anything I could add or remove to diet etc. Like taking out the red meat and high vit C.

Didn’t seem to like it first time I gave blood when I said I was there to lower my iron levels, think iirc on scale I was 51, and limit was 50 on my bloods.
Soon as I added I’d always meant to give blood they were ok with it.
So I’d not mention it if you do.

I’m sure anyone who eats a few red meat meals doesn’t just double their iron levels though.

Did go to give blood 4-5 weeks ago. But iron was bang on max and couldn’t take it. It’d been a long hectic morning and the nurse said even a bit dehydration can cause it. Hence I didn’t follow it up and she said 3 months before I can go again.

Just wanted to ask before I book a docs appointment to check for hemocheomatosis in case there was anything I could add or remove to diet etc. Like taking out the red meat and high vit C.

You can give blood when ever you want its only 3 months between actual donations.

You can give blood when ever you want its only 3 months between actual donations.

Only if you pay for a blood letting service or have a script for a therapeutic phlebotomy.

Only if you pay for a blood letting service or have a script for a therapeutic phlebotomy.

Should have worded that better ....every 3 months through blood donation. But in the scenario you presented as you did not give blood you could have gone back the next day no need to wait 3 months

Didn’t seem to like it first time I gave blood when I said I was there to lower my iron levels, think iirc on scale I was 51, and limit was 50 on my bloods.
Soon as I added I’d always meant to give blood they were ok with it.
So I’d not mention it if you do.
Should of just said you were there to do a good deed. Way easier.

Back