British Bodybuilding Scene At Present

AMW83

Top Contributor
It's a bore to some and far from everyone's cup of tea.

But the whole process of competing is intriguing and admirable to watch via TM, IG or other forms of social media. Especially when those who are competing are enjoying the 'process'

The UKBFF - seems to be having a shakeup regarding pro cards - is this a good thing? Time shall tell. The finals are just around the corner and should be full on young monsters judging by IG. James Hollingshead, Rob Taylor, @AaronHudson Does Jim still compete? @Jim

NABBA - I liked watching Dave T on Insta but he seems to have taken a step back and also had surgery, think he's trying to size down from super heavies to classic? (Reading between the lines of his IG posts)

PCA - Seems to be a fed about the competitors and they try to give as much back as possible. Did Nick Vandall accept his Pro card? @BNDMV @xjpx Also JP classic paying out £20k between all categories, amazing gesture from his team and his sponsors.

Question AMW could you have tagged more people?

Answer: Yes but sadly my wifi is playing up.

@AMW83
Well I still train...
Took this yr out and now I feel like I could take a lot longer out as I'm enjoying life

No at 1st thought I dnt think it's gonna be a good thing...
UKBFF and IFBB amateur league will have a new pro division called the ifbb elite...
Unless there is big prize money up for grabs its gonna be a pretty worthless league tbh altho I am told the biggest shows of the yr all have a bigger prize kitty then the Olympia.

From what I gather we will have 4 ifbb pro league qualifiers with the NPC in the UK giving out a pro card to every class winner...

Sounds good right?
All I have to do is what I have already done twice before and win my class at national level for a pro card...
Thing is it's not gonna be run like the NPC was in the U.S. where you needed to have citizenship in order to do the Nationals (@Con can explain more) now I believe the npc has changed it's policy on this for next yr any way.

What this will do is not take the place of the Brits but be more like an international show...
So it will make it very hard for some of our British guys to get a pro card as you only have to look at how our top guys do abroad...

The prestige of the Brits will be lost and the worth of a pro card or pro status will diminish as there will be 4x 70,80,90,100k bbers a yr with pro cards assuming they dnt do the 75,85,95k classes...

Just my initial thoughts
We will see what happens next yr
I'm not gonna be too eager to compete next yr until I know what's what...
That is if I bother... I'm quite happy eating what I like and training for fun so who knows what I'm gonna do personally
I can see all the top guys doing NPC tho.

@AMW83
Well I still train...
Took this yr out and now I feel like I could take a lot longer out as I'm enjoying life

UKBFF and IFBB amateur league will have a new pro division called the ifbb elite...
Unless there is big prize money up for grabs its gonna be a pretty worthless league tbh altho I am told the biggest shows of the yr all have a bigger prize kitty then the Olympia.

From what I gather we will have 4 ifbb pro league qualifiers with the NPC in the UK giving out a pro card to every class winner...

Sounds good right?
All I have to do is what I have already done twice before and win my class at national level for a pro card...
Thing is it's not gonna be run like the NPC was in the U.S. where you needed to have citizenship in order to do the Nationals (@Con can explain more) now I believe the npc has changed it's policy on this for next yr any way.

What this will do is not take the place of the Brits but be more like an international show...
So it will make it very hard for some of our British guys to get a pro card as you only have to look at how our top guys do abroad...

The prestige of the Brits will be lost and the worth of a pro card or pro status will diminish as there will be 4x 70,80,90,100k bbers a yr with pro cards assuming they dnt do the 75,85,95k classes...

Just my initial thoughts
That is if I bother... I'm quite happy eating what I like and training for fun so who knows what I'm gonna do personally

Nice to hear your enjoying life Jim and the family is well too I presume?. Are things going well with that gym you took over?

@AMW83
Well I still train...

Sounds good right?

Just my initial thoughts

Some times enjoying life is just far more important mate. The stage won't ever go anywhere.

Nice to hear your enjoying life Jim and the family is well too I presume?. Are things going well with that gym you took over?

Yea mate they are all good thanks
Kids doing well
George is getting tall and Harry is just like me lol poor dwarf cunt

Sacked it all off mate
Loads of issues with the at time owners etc
Shame as it had potential
A sim style old school gym opened up since and has taken off!
Very sim feel and they actually bought a lot of the old places equipment
It's now a boxing gym lol

I'm just grafting and do a few nights a week at boozer etc
Money is ok actually tho so I'm very busy but can't complain.

Some times enjoying life is just far more important mate. The stage won't ever go anywhere.

Exactly that mate
I'm still getting stronger, looking bigger etc so I'll only get better with the time away from the stage
When i come back I'll be better and as you day it's always gonna be there

The UKBFF - seems to be having a shakeup regarding pro cards - is this a good thing?

Not followed the competitive scene for a long time, last show I attended was run by Julian Feinstein ‘Stars of tomorrow’ in Hayes, Middlesex...does that still operate?

The whole UK show scene was run by Bill & Wanda Tierney, and was still ‘EFBB’. Zak Khan n John Hodgson we’re still trying to get Pro cards, and Kerry Kayes had just split business operations with Paul Borreson (RIP).

As for NABBA, anyone remember Peter Reid or Eddie Ellwood? Monsters back in the day.

Not followed the competitive scene for a long time, last show I attended was run by Julian Feinstein ‘Stars of tomorrow’ in Hayes, Middlesex...does that still operate?

The whole UK show scene was run by Bill & Wanda Tierney, and was still ‘EFBB’. Zak Khan n John Hodgson we’re still trying to get Pro cards, and Kerry Kayes had just split business operations with Paul Borreson (RIP).

As for NABBA, anyone remember Peter Reid or Eddie Ellwood? Monsters back in the day.

Lol yea Julian usta do the London South East but passed away last yr or the yr before...
Now you have the Julian Feinstein Classic that I think was the old London etc

Big changes since the efbb
Since changed to ukbff and now has been cut off from the ifbb pro league...

Yea man who can forget Eddie... was a fooking monster!
Not sure onnthe other guy but didn't really follow NABBA... still know about Eddie tho as was such a freak lol.

Back