Chris' Road to Recovery

Yes mate I know someone with a bank injury which was screwed that really plays up in winter, they got around it by wearing an insulated neoprene belt when outside, apparently it helps a little.

Whats the new cycle? txt me if you prefer!

Just test E mate, nothing more. 600mg/week at present, will probably increase in a few weeks :)

We're not all mortals like you I'm afraid. Or on as much Gummi Bear Juice either :D

Jobs going really well thanks man. Had a good December, so head down this month and have more of the same :)

gummi bear juice...!!! well I never, mate I will have you know its nothing but the finest jelly baby juice for me :D

good to hear re the job mate...

As flattering as ever Ronald! lol

Ankle's doing great, although giving me a tiny bit of sh1t with the cold weather I think. Apparently screws and plates in the winter don't go hand in hand and give a bit of stiffness/grief, but small price to pay. Either that or not being able to walk again :D

Back on now - first jab last Sunday :)

You wouldn't have it any other way! :)

You going to the Carlisle meet?

I still have the plate and pins/screws etc in my hip. TBH I don't feel it in the winter (that I think of), it gives me jip in one way or another all the time. Mainly back problems but that may be down to lack of use/muscle in that area. Certainly doesn't ache in the cold like some people seem to get. Then again its in my arse so I guess one of the more insulated parts of the body as it has a bit of meat around it. Aches from sitting on it too long sometimes too.

Damn injuries! Like you though its that or not walking. I remember lying in hospital in traction facing the reality that I was going to have to have a hip replacement at 25, or however old I was, and although I hate football I was sh1t scared that I would never be able to kick a ball around in the park with my boy one day. I didn't even have a son at that stage or intended on it but you kinda have these thoughts of where you will be in life one day. Like they are a given. Not though are they.

You wouldn't have it any other way! :)

You going to the Carlisle meet?

I still have the plate and pins/screws etc in my hip. TBH I don't feel it in the winter (that I think of), it gives me jip in one way or another all the time. Mainly back problems but that may be down to lack of use/muscle in that area. Certainly doesn't ache in the cold like some people seem to get. Then again its in my arse so I guess one of the more insulated parts of the body as it has a bit of meat around it. Aches from sitting on it too long sometimes too.

Damn injuries! Like you though its that or not walking. I remember lying in hospital in traction facing the reality that I was going to have to have a hip replacement at 25, or however old I was, and although I hate football I was sh1t scared that I would never be able to kick a ball around in the park with my boy one day. I didn't even have a son at that stage or intended on it but you kinda have these thoughts of where you will be in life one day. Like they are a given. Not though are they.

Totally dude, I know what you mean. Kinda puts things into perspective in a way?

I'd really love to go to Carlisle as I'm well overdue to meet you bunch of hooligans :D However, it's my wife's birthday on the 24th Feb and the meet is the 25th isn't it? So we've got plans that weekend. Damn women! :D

Totally dude, I know what you mean. Kinda puts things into perspective in a way?

I'd really love to go to Carlisle as I'm well overdue to meet you bunch of hooligans :D However, it's my wife's birthday on the 24th Feb and the meet is the 25th isn't it? So we've got plans that weekend. Damn women! :D

Bit of a shame that you can't make it. Bit skint myself but I am still goig to do all I can to get to this one, even if its just for the day. Really want to go out on the lash the night before though and very much doubt I would have to twist @JB hand too much to temp him into a pint and scran! :D

Reactions: JB
Bit of a shame that you can't make it. Bit skint myself but I am still goig to do all I can to get to this one, even if its just for the day. Really want to go out on the lash the night before though and very much doubt I would have to twist @JB hand too much to temp him into a pint and scran! :D

night before or the actual night itself i am back at work tomoz but over this week i should find out where i am going then i will be able to arrange whatever is needed bearing in mind i will be having the few days of before the event concert to go to and the next 2 weekends off cos ive got mrs birthday and youngest as well

night before or the actual night itself i am back at work tomoz but over this week i should find out where i am going then i will be able to arrange whatever is needed bearing in mind i will be having the few days of before the event concert to go to and the next 2 weekends off cos ive got mrs birthday and youngest as well

It's on a Sunday. Makes sense to hit the town on a Sat night no? I think alot will go to Nando's on the Sun night afterwards?? Will have to see what the plans are and go with the flow. I will only be staying over one night so makes sese to me to drive there on the Sat and then home on the Sunday after its done?? Its about a 6 hour drive for me!

It's on a Sunday. Makes sense to hit the town on a Sat night no? I think alot will go to Nando's on the Sun night afterwards?? Will have to see what the plans are and go with the flow. I will only be staying over one night so makes sese to me to drive there on the Sat and then home on the Sunday after its done?? Its about a 6 hour drive for me!

argghhhh i was thinking it was on a saturday need to check the date sunday better for me sat night out etc

even better for me now on a sunday because i have a match on the saturday and was gutted i was goner miss it i can still goto the match and head straight up there and still be thereish for 7ish

woot looks like a few of the lads will be drinking if not lifting :D

I will be staying up there at least the sat night but may head up fri night too... will have to see yet what the doris wants to do...

Getting worse at updating this!

Been plodding along really, although any form of benching is out the window now due to both shoulders being utterly fcuked. Just have to stick to exercises that don't irritate them, usually machines etc.

Did some squats tonight and worked up to 225kg x5 with no belt so quite happy with that. Wasn't particularly feeling on it tonight either, but got the job done :)

Getting worse at updating this!

Been plodding along really, although any form of benching is out the window now due to both shoulders being utterly fcuked. Just have to stick to exercises that don't irritate them, usually machines etc.

Did some squats tonight and worked up to 225kg x5 with no belt so quite happy with that. Wasn't particularly feeling on it tonight either, but got the job done :)

What's the ongoing issues with shoulders mate. ??

Well I've torn my right serratus anterior so can't press above my head at all with that arm. It's also stopping me do any form of benching too. Now my left one is in agony whenever I press as I think it's been over-compensating for the right so I think the rotator cuffs are knackered, but I may be wrong? Certainly not a healthy pain anyway.

Going to chase up my orthopaedic consultant as he mentioned surgery to repair the torn serratus. It's quite bad in that when I lift my arm out my scapula is winged badly and protrudes out. It also looks awful when I do a front double bicep in that my right lat is barely visible as the serratus is torn.

Lucky I don't want to get on stage :)

Well I've torn my right serratus anterior so can't press above my head at all with that arm. It's also stopping me do any form of benching too. Now my left one is in agony whenever I press as I think it's been over-compensating for the right so I think the rotator cuffs are knackered, but I may be wrong? Certainly not a healthy pain anyway.

Going to chase up my orthopaedic consultant as he mentioned surgery to repair the torn serratus. It's quite bad in that when I lift my arm out my scapula is winged badly and protrudes out. It also looks awful when I do a front double bicep in that my right lat is barely visible as the serratus is torn.

Lucky I don't want to get on stage :)

Doesnt sound good.

what are u like with side laterals? Heavy side laterals are still great for hitting the medial delts.

if its a bad muscle tear then surgery may be only option. have u tried putting peps IMO around your shoulder etc?

Doesnt sound good.

what are u like with side laterals? Heavy side laterals are still great for hitting the medial delts.

if its a bad muscle tear then surgery may be only option. have u tried putting peps IMO around your shoulder etc?

Side laterals are ok mate, just hurts if I go heavy, but go a bit lighter and concentrate on form. Like that exercise :)

I haven't tried putting peps around problem, but I do have some GHRP2 in my fridge that's been sat there months doing nothing. I tried it for about a week but felt like a water balloon, but diet much better now so might give a go again actually mate.

Thanks for reminding me :)

How's your pec mate?

Back