Cutting Diet On Cycle

Hello,

I'm looking to run a TTM cycle and looking for advice on a cut. I've got a holiday in 17 weeks which i'm looking to condition myself for now with no rush.

I've heard a lot of different discussions about dieting from "you must eat every 3 hours" to "make sure you hit your 235g protein, 2500 calories and 65g fat and you'll lose weight and hold muscle... you can do this in 3 or 4 meals if it makes it easier".

Anyhow stats:

Male
30years old
104kg
14% BF
6ft.

Training:
I do 30 mins SSCV at 6am 5 days a week
Weighted training 3 x a week @ 11am.

Please note: I don't measure my veg content, i just fit as much as possible in.

Straight after morning cardio

6.45 - 35g protein from a shake
8.30 - 4 full eggs, 2 whites + 2 slices granary
If training then a protein shake at 12pm (straight after training)
12.30 - 150g Basmati rice + chicken breast + veg
15:45 - 200g basmati rice + 200g rump steak + veg
18:00 - 500ml low fat milk + one tbsp of Almond Butter
21.00 - Bedtime - Casein shake

All constructive criticism is appreciated.

Thanks

main thing here is calories control and adherence i.e sticking to it

next level down IMO would be timing foods....for me personally I wouldn't be having hit fats pre or post workout....

milk is pretty much pointless IMO, id swap / combine that last meal to maybe equi calories of low fat greek yogurt with a scoop of whey or higer fat yogurt and lose the almond butter...

id put the biggest carb meal post workout

id prob also change breakfast for the second meal

or make a shake with some fruits in and oats for a bit of sustanance

Hi Noel,

Thanks. So change the milk for something like fish/chicken with veg?
I was advised to stay clear of fruits because of the sugar content, any particular fruits you recommend?

Thanks in advanced.

500ml of skimmed milk has 25g of sugars. 100g of frozen raspberries has 4 or so which will be more fructose.

If you are avoiding sugars ditch the milk

blueberries / Raspberries are great...as above low sugar, high taste........

you want your food to be edible also else you wont stick to it.... so don't be afraid to make it a touch more interesting.... spices etc, plus things like a little fruit. Massively overdone by the bro scientist that a handful of berries is like super high carb

Hi Noel,

Agreed, i used to do a nice shake with banana protein mixed with frozen berries.
I've got a few "go-to" dishes but fully agreed. I think there's a lot of "bro science" in my head over facts.

Back