1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Daily Asprin Use

Discussion in 'Other PED's and POM's' started by Fatbrah, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

Nooooo

The alcohol n coke does a better job at thining blood than aspirin bud that’s the reason

Fatbrah and Porky like this.

2. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

:rofl::rofl:

Cheers boys

3. scottssherwood

scottssherwood

I had a heart attack June 22. I now take aspirin at 75mg per day and will do so for the rest of my life. It is used only to thin the blood and so make my heart have to work less to get it around. There is no benefit for a bodybuilder to take it. Yes, it can also affect your stomach lining so now I'm taking a pill to counteract that. You really don't need aspirin daily if fit and healthy. BUT if you do feel like you are having a heart attack, a 300mg dose is recommended for the reason outlined above. On a final note, please get your cholesterol levels checked out. Wish I had!

Greedy Ben, zack and Fatbrah like this.
  4. zack

zack TM's resident millionaire entrepreneur. Top Contributor

Damn bro.

Glad you're ok.

What sort of cholestrol levels did you have ?

5. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

Surely this is exactly the benefit a bodybuilder might want?

Fatbrah and huntingground like this.
  6. noel

noel Top Contributor

its true re the limited help for BB, it helps prevent blood clots but only arterial (hence why its not used to prevent DVT). Same as if your having a stroke it doesn't do anything. It doesn't actually thin the blood per sey. That's why there are specific blood thinners....I think the research is (correct me if wrong) that the actual benefits are quite small...if you haven't had an attack..

Fatbrah likes this.
  7. noel

noel Top Contributor

its true re the limited help for BB, it helps prevent blood clots but only arterial (hence why its not used to prevent DVT). Same as if your having a stroke it doesn't do anything. We tend to think of it in terms of stopping blood 'thicken' but it has no effect on haemocrite...you need to actually give blood for that, aspirin helps prevent clotting of platelets. If you have plaque (fatty deposits) build up it won’t help either - you need to get that checked via the doc.

Fatbrah and Greedy Ben like this.
  8. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Im due a check up...

Makes sense dont it.. just cba whilst am enjoying me traning:rofl: incase i ave to come off

noel likes this.
  9. Alan J

Alan J

As a silver oldie, I was prescribed 75mg per day soluble aspirin by my doctor …. as a help for memory loss!!! It doesn't seem to have had much effect. For a young fit bb. - just ask! Side effect : an unpredictable runny nose!

scottssherwood and Greedy Ben like this.
  10. scottssherwood

scottssherwood

Mine was 7. Not sure if that will mean anything to anyone in the states as I hear you use a different measuring system. Let's just say with the statins it's down to 3.8. I'm still not back at work. Maybe December. That'll be six months off work. My employer has been magnificent but then e'er usually are a lot better over here. Also, being in the UK, everything is FREE. I'd hate to have had this in the states! I'm now doing cardiac rehab which is light cardio classes. My bpm is not allowed above 113. If I go to 134 I get dizzy. This should improve. I'm saying all this because I don't want my story to be your story. Get the checks done regularly and by that I mean every six months max, 3 months better. Am now going for the pole look. by that I don't mean but that thing the flag is run up on! It was fun while it lasted but that's just the thing everyone needs to remember...it doesn't last.

zack likes this.
  11. Porky

Porky Committee brofessor Top Contributor

You keep on forgetting to take it?

noel and Sjundea like this.