Diet Evolution - "The thoughts of Prodiver"

Dont reckon trans fats can be banned, go into your local fast food place and the oil everything has been fried in will have been far from ideal for cooking with and rancid before use no doubt as its probably vegetable oil or something .. Then they burn the ar*e off it for a couple of weeks/months making it worse and worse. Full of trans fats.

We're pretty safe here in the UK - most manufacturers and fast food ooutlets have eliminated trans fats from their products now.

A tiny amoumt of natural trans fats occur anyway in bovine products - which our bodies seem perfectly able to cope with, so we shouldn't worry unduly.

What about something like your local Indian or chippy, the oil they are frying your chips in .. Is it not completely ****ed and rancid from the high heat and continuous re-heating .. Full of trans fats?

Ps. What do you cook with .. Butter? I've recently bought coconut oil from MP.

What about something like your local Indian or chippy, the oil they are frying your chips in .. Is it not completely ****ed and rancid from the high heat and continuous re-heating .. Full of trans fats?

Ps. What do you cook with .. Butter? I've recently bought coconut oil from MP.

Local chippies are unknown quantities! But I hardly ever use them.

In Scotland some still fry in pure beef lard - er.... :laugh:

I use basic olive oil - not EVOO which burns too fast - and a little butter - MMMMMMM!

Reactions: J87
TBH i read it as your basically advising a paleo diet, just that you add in a small amount of pasta and grain in breads. I bet if they guys dropped these out too they'd feel even better.:)

Just to add Pro. I dont want my posts being picked up wrong..............

I aint in any way against your info, like i say, i agree with 90% of it. But it's just the kinda guy i am. I like people to prove things and show they can do it themselves. Then i can respect their views/opinions.

For example...............
i'm reasonable handy on a motorbike I can pick up the front wheel at under 30mph and hold a decent hight wheelie all the way to 80-90mph. What i cant do though is crack it up at 60mph and hold it perfectly on the balance point for a mile. So the way i see it in my tiny mind is there's no way i could advise guys on how to do monster wheelies coz i cant do it myself. Sure, i know the theory and am almost there, but i cant do it so i'm not there, so cant go about advising/telling other guys.:)

You dont care, and dont need meto follow you, but just wanted to get it across coz reading back my posts it reads like i'm hating on you which is not the case. :thumb:

Just popping in here to say Prodiver, that i'll be switching to carbs pre and post workout only after i'm done with my short keto blast and give it a run to see how i get on with it. I'm looking forward to trying it to be honest.

At first i thought it'd be hard to be able to eat enough of mainly protein and fat due to feeling full, but after doing keto i've realised how easy it is to quickly rack up the calories without even trying while on fats and protein, and still be enjoying every meal.

Hopefully i'll find a diet that i can really get on with from it, instead of getting sick of eating so many carbs.

i'm on around 50g carbs per day now and the rest from fat and protein... i eat more carbs at the weekend then drop them again in the week

I love your posts bar 1 thing.. Mayo! Why mate!? Urgh veg oil just is a no go x

i made some last night using walnut oil, 1 egg yolk, lemon zest and some crushed garlic (raw)

mayo is really easy to make, hardest bit is the 5-10mins of whisking. just make sure you add the oil very very slowly at the beginning

i'm not keen on the taste of plain olive oil :)

just realised though that i forgot to put a little bit of djion mustard in it :)

I'm going to start making Mayo, love the stuff, i like the idea of added garlic, although the missus won't be too hapy :lol:

Due to the nature of my training , quite tough towards the end of the week but after a re fuel at the weekend i am good to go, i am leaner now after dropping the carbs right down

a mixture but i do a lot of endurance stamina training, hence the gas mask in my avatar pic, lol

TBH i read it as your basically advising a paleo diet, just that you add in a small amount of pasta and grain in breads. I bet if they guys dropped these out too they'd feel even better.:)

Just to add Pro. I dont want my posts being picked up wrong..............

I aint in any way against your info, like i say, i agree with 90% of it. But it's just the kinda guy i am. I like people to prove things and show they can do it themselves. Then i can respect their views/opinions.

For example...............
i'm reasonable handy on a motorbike I can pick up the front wheel at under 30mph and hold a decent hight wheelie all the way to 80-90mph. What i cant do though is crack it up at 60mph and hold it perfectly on the balance point for a mile. So the way i see it in my tiny mind is there's no way i could advise guys on how to do monster wheelies coz i cant do it myself. Sure, i know the theory and am almost there, but i cant do it so i'm not there, so cant go about advising/telling other guys.:)

You dont care, and dont need meto follow you, but just wanted to get it across coz reading back my posts it reads like i'm hating on you which is not the case. :thumb:

Don't worry - I won't - been around too long. :)

Just bear in mind that some complex processes can be taught, even if the teacher doesn't excel over his pupils: I can analyse and describe how Shakespeare writes, and why he's great, but Im damned if I can write like him!

Reactions:
Back