Dnp and beyond

That's another great session mate.
You'll surely know if your calorie intake is suitable depending on the effects it has on your training and energy levels :)

Was meant to train legs today but my right knee is still playing up so I did a quick ham/calf workout before cardio this morning

Managed a pb on legpress calf raise :) beat the old one by 3 reps so next time I'll go up in weight

Here's a pic of the legpress loaded with 25kg plates :D
uploadfromtaptalk1397029352072.jpg

Today's workout

Ham curl
40x20 - 5 sets
Leg press calf raise
350x13 (pb)

Then I did 40 minutes on the X trainer

Even though my weight is the same as last week I've still taken some update pics and if anything they highlight the need for me to get on the sunbeds and also shave my back :excited: ha ha

uploadfromtaptalk1397029535706.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397029556218.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397029574091.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397029600059.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397029634577.jpg

My main goal for this cut is to uncover my lower abs, i've never had a low enough body fat to see them and i'm bloody determined to get low enough this time round :)

Hey mate, that's great progress!
You're fit as fuk! :omg:

Your abs are brilliantly defined, Joey. But take advantage of your age now and keep them like that. It's by far the most difficult body part to maintain as you get older :thumb:

Hey mate, that's great progress!
You're fit as fuk! :omg:

Your abs are brilliantly defined, Joey. But take advantage of your age now and keep them like that. It's by far the most difficult body part to maintain as you get older :thumb:

Cheers pal your too kind :)

I've got a looong way to go before I'll be happy like

Ha ha I've noticed this too

It's like any athlete. They want to be the best.
Or the nobody who works his way up to the top dog.
It's all about ambition and having the will to succeed.
Otherwise we'd all be couch potato benefit scroungers watching Ant & Dec shite.

It's like any athlete. They want to be the best.
Or the nobody who works his way up to the top dog.
It's all about ambition and having the will to succeed.
Otherwise we'd all be couch potato benefit scroungers watching Ant & Dec shite.

Couldn't agree more mate

"Couch potato benefit scroungers" :D:D:D:D:D I'll be using that one in the future lol

Had to do some cross fit at dinner time today with work, it was emotional lol
Basically just 2 exercises first was sort of a squat/military press type movement (hope that made sense ha) an the second was burpees
It was non stop superseting the two exercises for 21 reps each then 18, 15, 12, 9, 6 and 3
By the end I could hardly breath - I did however manage to do the lot with 40kg, the only other person who managed that was my mate who's a 7 foot monster rugby player from Fiji lol

Trained chest this evening and went for heavy weights first two exercises an hit some pb's :)

Decline Bb press
120x5 (pb) - ds 70x7
Low incline db press
50x5 (pb) - ds 32x5
Pecdec
87x10 - 4 sets
Incline Bb press fst-7
50x12 - 5 sets
50x10 - 2 sets

Made up with the 5 reps on decline press as they were all very slow, deep and controlled :D I could have prob got another rep but was training on my own so didn't risk it

Today's scran

Cals 3000
P 269
C 328
F 59

I'm going to train delts and do some cardio tomorrow morning before travelling home for 2 weeks leave :)

Great work on the cross fit mate.
Enjoy your leave. Plenty of time for family. Perhaps fit some training in too? :)

Great work on the cross fit mate.
Enjoy your leave. Plenty of time for family. Perhaps fit some training in too? :)

Cheers mate it was brutal :), I've got my self a 16kg kettle bell to do some early morning circuits before the kids get up so hopefully I will continue to loose some weight and if need be ill switch to a keto diet to keep making progress :D

Trained delts before travelling home yesterday an had a decent workout with a pb :-)

Seated db press
36x7 (pb) - rp 36x1
Standing Db front raise
14x10 - 4 sets
Seated db lat raise
10x15 - 4 sets
Machine delt press fst-7 (palms facing)
46x8 - 7 sets

Diet was spot on all day yesterday - when I got home the wife wanted me to switch my cheat so we could have Indian which worked out well because I had a cheat meal instead of the whole day I was planning today lol

Today and tomorrow will be rest days as I've been training twice a day for some time now, Monday I'm going to start doing a kettle bell circuit once a day with some bag work thrown in if my wrist allows and i'll be doing this pretty much for the whole 2 weeks I'm off work in the hope that it will serve as a kind of active rest - if anyone has any ideas or criticisms of this plan please let me know as I don't want to waste time over the next 2 weeks

Diet is going to stay at 3000 cals for the time being :)

Sounds a good plan, Joey.
You'd be keeping fit with kettle bells fine.
Just be careful what the 3000 cals consist of, it's so easy to fall into bad habits when you're at home, the wife's tasty meals and away from the forces gym discipline.
Have a nice break :)

Sounds a good plan, Joey.
You'd be keeping fit with kettle bells fine.
Just be careful what the 3000 cals consist of, it's so easy to fall into bad habits when you're at home, the wife's tasty meals and away from the forces gym discipline.
Have a nice break :)

I'm pretty strict mate mainly because I know I get my cheat day + my wife doesn't really cook lol
Basically the only food sources Im eating are

Turkey mince
Tuna
Sardines
Whey
Eggs
Basmati rice
Sweet potato
Oats
Almond oil
Evoo

I find if I make all my scran for the day it's easy to stick to

Here's a pic of my 10:00 meal - 166g sweet potato and 125g turkey mince made into a burger ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1397292003371.jpg

And seems as I'm throwing random pics on here's a pic my mate took on Thursday while I was working - all the lads are giving me stick saying I'm in a constant "pose" were ever I go lol

uploadfromtaptalk1397292113975.jpg

Last edited:
Back