Do Yo Rent Or Own Your House

Paying mortgage.
3 bed semi, ex council house with decent front rear gardens, privacy, quiet area,open views to fields at rear etc have considered buying a new build but would never afford what I'd have to buy to give me more than I have now, this place ticks many many boxes for me.
But endless projects with an older property that I frankly got bored of doing a couple of years ago..lol

10 years into a 30 year mortgage. It's a decent sized 4 bed semi detached house in a lovely estate.

Mortgage on house in WGC, I had share of 6 BTLs but got rid of 5 so have a share in 1 BTL in Merseyside.

I'll be looking to move to a much larger house in country (maybe Bedfordshire) within a year (one fell through last year).

Mortgage.

Save up a deposit and cheaper than renting after that, although house prices are way cheaper around my area than many places in the country. Mostly only upsides vs renting for me.

Only downside is the area is cheap as many people are renting, so tend to get more cvnts who dont give a shit about anyone but themselves. Got a house oppsite full of young polish people, like watching a clown pull a hankerchief out of his pocket when watch them coming out of the house, never ending stream. Like to open front window and blast europop out. Generally not late on a night though so not too bad.

Unlike a lad a couple of houses down who fancies himself as a bit of an MC and blasts out hardcore whilst 'MCing' on his fcking microphone (in his case shouting a load of shit that rhymes and makes no sense). Has a few mates that come down and join in. Fair enough if 14 or something but these mongo's are 30+.

Can only afford to rent, London is ridiculous.

2 bedroom house next to my parents was recently sold for 500,000...

In Tottenham N17

Home of broadwater farm riots
Home of Mark Duggan riots
Home of Baby P and Victoria Climbie child death scandals
One of London's most deprived boroughs, high in gun crime, high in unemployment

Me and the Mrs are saving, then getting the fuck out of the city to buy.

1 bedroom flats are now averaging over a grand per month across city.

Mortgage.

Save up a deposit and cheaper than renting after that, although house prices are way cheaper around my area than many places in the country. Mostly only upsides vs renting for me.

Only downside is the area is cheap as many people are renting, so tend to get more cvnts who dont give a shit about anyone but themselves. Got a house oppsite full of young polish people, like watching a clown pull a hankerchief out of his pocket when watch them coming out of the house, never ending stream. Like to open front window and blast europop out. Generally not late on a night though so not too bad.

Unlike a lad a couple of houses down who fancies himself as a bit of an MC and blasts out hardcore whilst 'MCing' on his fcking microphone (in his case shouting a load of shit that rhymes and makes no sense). Has a few mates that come down and join in. Fair enough if 14 or something but these mongo's are 30+.

Entire post creased me up. LMFAO.
Clown pulling a handkerchief. :rofl:
Mongos are 30+. :lol:

You won't need to move far Dee (assuming you already live in the UK) you can get a nice 4 bed house in the North East for less than 200k.

I'm constantly moving with work, rented in Hull and Dorset so far this year and moving to Norwich in August. Thinking of buying in Norwich.

You won't need to move far Dee (assuming you already live in the UK) you can get a nice 4 bed house in the North East for less than 200k.

I'm constantly moving with work, rented in Hull and Dorset so far this year and moving to Norwich in August. Thinking of buying in Norwich.

Yeah but then Im stuck in the cold with a load of northern monkeys [emoji23].
I work for SSE and they pay a set wage nationwide, so if I was to move and got a transfer at work my income/outcome ratio would be better than where Im at now.

I own a 4 bedroom house outright.
Keep in mind in the Southern States you get a house of this size for less than 200k STERLING.

Americans know how to live properly. Big walk in rain showers, baths twice the size of standard European ones, dual sinks, Island in the kitchen, walk in wardrobe, large bedrooms with plenty of room after accommodating a king bed.

The above is so common in the US and rare over here

Last edited:
Reactions: Con
Americans know how to live properly. Big walk in rain showers, baths twice the size of standard European ones, dual sinks, Island in the kitchen, walk in wardrobe, large bedrooms with plenty of room after accommodating a king bed.

The above is so common in the US and rare over here

I did read somewhere in the Carolinas 60% of people live in trailer homes.
I do have the same view of America though..

Back