From Strength to Strength... Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Ryan.

Top Contributor
ok so thought id start this since my other journal is technically of no use anymore!

Intro;

Well as most of you know i was prepping to compete in the juniors at the UKBFF scottish in may but unfortuneatly i failed in that endevour and just would not be ready, i had decided to pull out on monday evening after some talks with the contingent that were prepping me and it just wasnt on the cards, my upper body would be ready but sadly my legs not

BUT, lets not haste on what could have been and focus on the future and stay positive! im taking the rest of this week sorta off diet, i will still be eating clean and such but just more relaxed so for example this morning breakfast was rivita and banana/marmelade and shake then some bran flakes and strawberry isolate and banana blended, lunch is tuna wraps and so on so still clean but normal food, il still be training also and then on monday il be hitting things back 100% with new plan of action!

Plans;

My current plans are to keep dieting and still lean out, as im going away in sept i want to be in v.good shape for it so full abs relaxed is the goal, im going to reintroduce some carbs but still keep cals under maintanance levels and chip away and slowly bring bf levels down

Training;

Training wise i am dropping it down to 4 days a week and going to be following the DY Blood and Guts routine, as was pointed out by Rab i need to learn to train harder and more intense and i think this could be a good way to do so! so the split will be

Monday - Legs
Wednesday - Chest and Biceps
Friday - Back
Saturday - Shoulders and Triceps

atm il keep cardio to rest days and just do a 1 hour LISS power walk in the AM and break it back in gently

Diet;

Diet wise as said im adding some carbs back in, going to keep it to below 200g carbs and then can adjust as necessary, havent totally worked out perfectly diet but from a rough right up il be following this

Meal 1
50g whey isolate
60g PNB
blended together night before and left in fridge makes an awesome mousse type thing!

Meals 2/3/4
250g white fish
250g broccoli
200g maris piper potatoes mashed (will just make up 600g worth and split evenly)

meal 5 (pwo)
80g Oats
2 Scoops Premium whey

meal 6
200g chicken
50g brown rice (or however much makes 35g carbs)

meal 7
250g white fish
250g broccoli

rough macros on that i think should look like

protein - 354g
carbs roughly 196g
fats - 45-50g

and on non training days will be

protein - 310g
carbs -138g
fats - 40g

so will be following this for a few weeks see how it does me, give my body a bit of rest and let it act normal for a bit! plenty to play with tho when need be

currently stopped all gear and stims so a complete natty scum atm lol not planning another cycle untill start of next year i dont think!

comp descision will be made towards end of the year, i may decide to take next year to grow and properly benifit from a good cycle or i may just grow into diet again, will decide once december comes based on where i am essentially

well thats it for now, will update the rest of the weeks training as i start the blood and guts routine tonigt with chest then come monday will be more detailed updates of whats what :)

all comments/abuse/negativity/positivity welcome for anyone who follows :)

Peace Yall x

In for this - one thing I would say - I wouldnt class your show prep as a failure. Ok so you might not have got on stage but you will still compete and have made great progress towards that. Also you clearly have great support from TSC who were honest about your chances on stage - that will be invaluable going forward.

All the best for it. Will lurk with interest :)

In for this - one thing I would say - I wouldnt class your show prep as a failure. Ok so you might not have got on stage but you will still compete and have made great progress towards that. Also you clearly have great support from TSC who were honest about your chances on stage - that will be invaluable going forward.

thanks gem :)

i know what your saying but i see no point sugar coating it, i failed to get on stage which is gutting but i did break new ground, learned valuable things and experience of a prep so know more what to expect next time, i will learn and grow from this :D

that was the best thing for me tho the fact that the team were brutually honest about my chances etc, no point having smoke blown up your arse when its a boot up it your needing ! and i appriciate that they were honest with me as i said i can learn from it :)

Good luck mate. i am interested in how much all that white fish is going to cost though!

cheers mate! will be going through 7kg of white fish a week but its bagged and frozen from morrisons lol works out at 3.60 a kilo (1.78 a 500g bag) so should be £25.20 roughly

may not be the best source but its zero fat and 21g pro per 100g so hell il use it ! means i can have 60g PNB in with breakfast shake ! haha

Reactions: WWR
hi mate.. you got to do whats best for you..... but i will say A FAILURE IS ONLY A FAILURE IF YOU DONT LEARN FROM IT !!

get some latest pics up on here so you can look back in a few months a d appreiciate how far you came.

You knew i would be here. You got plenty of followers so i tend to just read and keep quiet.

Look forward to seeing where you take this journal mate. Look to the future, learn from the past. Plus..i think im still waiting for holiday pics of you and the missus....(see wot i did thar!) :P

Good luck mate, silently lurking as always.

haha cheers guys :)

@warrenblackburn , i have learned from this and the things ive learned will be put into play in the coming months

@1Tonne , lmao you big perv! cheers mate always good to have you here for random burst posts :)

forgot to mention i will be doing some mt2 in the next few months also, got the mt2 sitting just need to go order some insulin pins and bac water when i can be arsed (probs nearer summer) then il be golden.. literally! lmao

Exactly what I was going to say upon reading your opening post. Don't set yourself up for that negativity. Yeah you didn't make it to stage this time; but you learned a lot and gained some invaluable experience.

What you do now is take that forward.

Learn from how @Rab handled his year out. Keep lean, but grow - walk that fine line. Don't do what a lot of young guys do and "bulk" - ie just get fat.

If you can keep everything nice and consistent - almost like you are dieting but with more food - from now til the end of the year, there is no reason why you can't add a good bit of lean tissue while pretty much holding condition. You might even find your legs start balancing up condition wise as you go.

But don't get fat. You'll just cause yourself more grief when you decide to diet again. If you were genuinely doing everything you were told to, and weren't cheating or making stupid errors on your prep, then its clear your body is a little resistant at fat loss - so by keeping it lean you give yourself a head start and - to use a phrase I hate - you might reset your set point to a leaner level - get your body being in a happy status quo at a much leaner point than you were before.

Go to it!!!

good post rams cheers mate :)

this is what i plan to do, i plan to keep lean, and as you say walk that fine line where i can grow, im not going into the fad of eat lots and not monitor everything, thats why il keep cardio in, il keep my meals strict, il train hard and hopefully lean bulk

i think the thing being also with my body is its never actually been "lean" even the level of lean im at just now, even tho its not classed as thoroughly "lean" its the leanest my bodys ever been, ive never been lean enough to see the seperations in my back, have a good "pop" in serratus and have good vascularity all the way down my arm

im not setting myself up for negativity tho :) i know i didnt make it and although it technically isnt a failure as i went and attempted it but couldnt get to the goal posts i see it better being blunt on it rather than sugar coating,so as said im not taking it as a negative but rather taking the positive from it that i can diet, i can be strict, i can get there.. all its going to take is time and hard work which im willing to put in!

Reactions: RS
You mind if I tweak your journal title? Got a better one in mind.

Promise it won't be anything bad, and if you don't like it I'll change it to whatever you like?

Back