How To Improve Bench Press Arch

Highland Nutrition

mine is terrible, 1st to admit it. does anyone have any links to decent articles or videos on how to improve it?
many thanks.

I dont see why many feel its so important to have one, it cuts rom down but there are lots of good benchers who use a flat back, concentrate on tightness more than anything, learning to pin upper back into bench then keep that positioning as u get proper foot placement will create an arch slightly.....as u bench actively push ur upper back towards ur arse.

@milsey @Dig and @jdog are big benchers to get pointers from

Posted using TMuscle App

I dont see why many feel its so important to have one, it cuts rom down but there are lots of good benchers who use a flat back, concentrate on tightness more than anything, learning to pin upper back into bench then keep that positioning as u get proper foot placement will create an arch slightly.....as u bench actively push ur upper back towards ur arse.

@milsey @Dig and @jdog are big benchers to get pointers from

Posted using TMuscle App

Well I am not a big bencher but I prefer very tight shoulder blades big breathe in and lowers my rom, when tried to get a good arch never happened really, just struggle to get that position

so I prefer what you suggested...

My back arch is crap (years of bb training) but i've found a narrower grip, feet back and flat on the floor and lots of close grip bench and heavy military press has increased my bench quite considerably. I have been concentrating more on upping the weight recently though and just getting pure aggressive with it, good results so far.

Just think about upper back arch. Ie set up right on upper traps. Holding this position takes strong upper back and rear delts so work on those as well. If hip flexors are tight you prob aren't getting feet as far u see bench as you could which will also help an arch.

Just think about upper back arch. Ie set up right on upper traps. Holding this position takes strong upper back and rear delts so work on those as well. If hip flexors are tight you prob aren't getting feet as far u see bench as you could which will also help an arch.
*as far under bench as you could

thanks all. dig, this is top advice and something i have been practicing regars the feet positioning. will concentrate on resting right on my upper traps now too. never really though of it like that before. i think i am guilty of resting on my upper back, not traps.

thanks all. dig, this is top advice and something i have been practicing regars the feet positioning. will concentrate on resting right on my upper traps now too. never really though of it like that before. i think i am guilty of resting on my upper back, not traps.

Ur upper back is ur traps ffs!

Posted using TMuscle App

well yes, partly. point i was trying to make is i am probably not resting high enough up on my upper back. :)

Upper back, traps...same, point is u need to create tension from ur glutes and legs to push ur upper back into the bench and keep it constant throughout, a good way is to imagine pushing ur head or upper towards ypur arse during setup and reps.....reps will allow u to practice keeping the technique together and become second nature....u can have proper placement all u want but its leg drive and tightness that will allow u to press more, try maybe using belt aswell, works for some but not others, I find I can push into it and keep more tightness throughout, but dont be obsessed about an arch for bench

Sent from my GT-I9505 using T-Muscle mobile app

I've been trying to improve my arch as I'm naturally curvy and find it more comfortable than flat back. I now do all my warm up sets lying over a foam roller. As the back softens the glutes relax and hit the bench so you can concentrate on pushing through the legs and tightening the upper half. It works a treat for me :thumb:

Back