Hungry.....

Dig

Mod & Powerlifting Expert
Time to eat.

Thought id put a journal up detailing training up to first comp in years, and first one competing raw (other than 1 or 2 about 12 years ago). Feels like my first comp again tbh. Motivation has been ridiculously high for a long time now and hopefully the work ive put in the past 7 months or so will start to show.

Plan to do the BPU comp at bulks gym 9th March. Will compete in 82.5kg (181lb) class.

BW wise will train around 194 or thereabouts and cut from there. Around about that weight now but xmas bloat involved and fat gain last 6 weeks so have a bit of room to 'recomp' up to comp.

Training will be same as it has been past few months although will change closer to comp:

MON- Squat
TUES- Back assistance
WED- Bench
THURS- Squat
FRI- Dead
SAT- OFF
SUN- Bench

Trained earlier. After a few too many new years eve and shoulder (right) flaring up a little more than usual was about as much of a 'deload' session as it gets for me these days, less volume and higher rep stuff than usual.

BENCH
Middle finger on ring all sets (little wider than regular grip)
70 x 3 sets
110x10
130x3
145x10 touch go
140x10 touch go
120x8 3 sec pause each rep
Short rest periods between sets today.

DB INCLINE FLY
42.5kg x10, 42.5kg x8

DEADSTOP EZ TRI EXTENSION
50kg 15x3 also supersetted with pushdowns 25x4 just to get some blood in elbows which are playing up a little

PREACHER CURL MACHINE
Stack 10x3

In for this. will be interesting seeing what you do week by week.

Reactions: Dig
Oh today would usually have been squats but strained quad on mon and didnt bench yesterday as gym was closed so decided to rest quad and bench. Hopefully be able to squat ok mon, if still a little tender wont train through it at this stage would rather rest it an extra few days.

dammit Dig, same comp as I am doing... :D cannot not wait matey... be fvcking awesome to hit the platform with you... speaking of, got to email you today or poss tomorrow if I forget later :D

Reactions: Dig
Pity Beasty (james etienne) will be hiding in the junior ranks Neil as I feel he'll have to get used to being 2nd best in the 82.5kg cateregory now lol

Back