Kevin Levrone Talk about the Arnold and Current Bodybuilders.......

i agree with what he says to a certain extent. a peak wheeler/levrone would have won that show

Talking about Kevin it was this pic back in the mid 90's that i saw in MMI that really inspired me to take my training to a serious level.

Attachments

• levron11.jpg
    levron11.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 192
Can't watch the vid just now, can someone give me the basic gist of what he is saying please?

Can't watch the vid just now, can someone give me the basic gist of what he is saying please?

that him or wheeler would have won that show and the gerneral stanard of conditioning wasnt as high as it should be for the second best show behind the olympia. also the guys today have no personality, or words to that effect

Basically Kevin was saying that the competitors of this year Arnold looked out of shape in comparison to himself and Flex during the late eighties when they had crazy conditioning.

This is due to their diets not being hardcore enough like zero carbs (living of nothing but fish for 2 weeks straight!)

He also said there seemed to be a lack of passion and rivalry on stage which was hard for him to believe when you take the prize money in to account

I'd love to see levrone back on stage roided up to high heaven, his arms where amazing back in the day. One of my all time favourites.

Kevin is a bit of a legend. I used to follow the Levrone Report when he started it as the videos were actually pretty decent and was a good video blog. Its gone a bit weird with 3 day fastings and fitness orientated workouts now, but still worth a gander over.

interesting line in that is when he said they would be in the gym day in day out training right up to the show. goes against the less is more principal

I must say I kinda agree with him?

None of them particularly blew me away, Branch maybe, although I don't like his physique, he was granite and freaky as fvck.

BUT - BIG but

I grew up looking at Haney, Dorian, Ray, Levrone, Francois, Newman, Dillet, Flex and so on and so on - so with them being my first impression, I could be viewing the whole thing with an air of fond recollection, as might Levrone himself. I mean once you get used to looking at freaky physiques, it gets harder to be impressed/blown away...

Ultimately, the only way you could tell would be if you could time warp, and do comparisons, because until two bodybuilders are standing side by side, you just don't know whose illusion is going to come of worst.

I must say I kinda agree with him?

None of them particularly blew me away, Branch maybe, although I don't like his physique, he was granite and freaky as fvck.

BUT - BIG but

I grew up looking at Haney, Dorian, Ray, Levrone, Francois, Newman, Dillet, Flex and so on and so on - so with them being my first impression, I could be viewing the whole thing with an air of fond recollection, as might Levrone himself. I mean once you get used to looking at freaky physiques, it gets harder to be impressed/blown away...

Ultimately, the only way you could tell would be if you could time warp, and do comparisons, because until two bodybuilders are standing side by side, you just don't know whose illusion is going to come of worst.

agree with this. I think with time if evan C doesnt expand his waist he could be a true competitor to the likes of flex and levrone if they were still around once he has more size.

Back