Leptin And "refeeds"

Northern Lass

Top Contributor
What are you thoughts on incorporating 'refeed' days when cutting on high carb low fat diet? I don't mean 'cheat meals' just increasing the carbs. I say this because recently my appetite has hit the roof and I am feeling a little sluggish/weak which is not the norm for me.

Did you mean low carb high fat?
If not, then I don't see any point in refeeds if carbs are high.
I don't see any point in refeeds unless glycogen is severely depleted and/or bodyfat is fairly low, anyway, regardless of diet.

You might be right ! But I do feel flat though and def noticed big changes this week especially around my stomach abs are starting to show ;)

Just double up carbs in a post workout meal a couple of times a week.... if mentally it helps you smash it harder on the next few workouts it's going to be negated and put to good use.

Try it... see how you get on. Can always drop back down if it doesn't work out.

As I'm going to be doing quads and calves tomorrow I was thinking of just doubling carbs on pre and post workout and then go back to my regular diet and see if that helps .

Wait until you stop seeing changes. Id say start with a small window at the end of a quad/back day (bit like skip loading) and see how you go the next day. Aim to add 50% your carb intake for the day in that window... So say if you do 150g per day (for example), go low/zero for the day then do 225g in a 4 hour post workout window.

Probably due to my size is how im able to do 1 whole day every 4 days. But even in the day I do 600g-ish.

Wait until you stop seeing changes. Id say start with a small window at the end of a quad/back day (bit like skip loading) and see how you go the next day. Aim to add 50% your carb intake for the day in that window... So say if you do 150g per day (for example), go low/zero for the day then do 225g in a 4 hour post workout window.

Probably due to my size is how im able to do 1 whole day every 4 days. But even in the day I do 600g-ish.
Thanks Aaron I'm currently eating around 260g carbs at the moment. I'll wait till I stop seeing changes and then have a go and what you said above .

Thanks Aaron I'm currently eating around 260g carbs at the moment. I'll wait till I stop seeing changes and then have a go and what you said above .

Yeah give it a week or so before seeing no results before doing them. Also, try carb cycling first. I was never a fan of it, always seemed like such a fiddle, but keep your kcals/protein consistent and then alter your fats/carbs. That should be enough for a while.

Yeah give it a week or so before seeing no results before doing them. Also, try carb cycling first. I was never a fan of it, always seemed like such a fiddle, but keep your kcals/protein consistent and then alter your fats/carbs. That should be enough for a while.

Yes I'm the same not really fan of carb cycling ... I like to reduce them slowly as my body seems to work better with higher carbs.

Back