• While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Migraines ?????

Put it in General Bodybuilding as not sure where put it!!!

Last nite, I awoke on sofa with THE most painfull acute pain along front of my forehead, my temples and my sinus's

Pain was excruciating, so bad i was writhing in agony!
Also I had this burning sensation insude my nose.

Pain was reduced somewhat by apply large amounts foce on temples and forehead, but it came from no where??

I know light is supossed to make it worse, but it didnt??

Lying down however increased pain to near unbearable levels??

This went on for over an hour and only reason it stopped was because I began popping painkillers and diaz and xanex like smarties and eventually managed to drug myself up enough to drop in unconsiousness!!

surely that cant be a Migraine?? Because I have never suffered anything like that before so im a bit at a loss as to what could be???

Honestly it was excruciating???

I have the same too, started last year.

I find dehydration can bring them on and I also got my eyes tested which helped greatly. Whenever I feel one coming, lots of water, ibropren (sp?) and wearing the glasses if I can't lie down in a room somewhere.

First time it happened I thought I was dying or something it was so bad.

Its one of the worst pains in the world in my view, its difficult to get through especially if I'm out as I get lines and all sorts of weirdness in my vision which makes driving impossible.

I have had them when on acne meds which dehydrated me massivley... feel for ya joe... these are ****ing awful.. thought my head was gona pop

I have the same too, started last year.

I find dehydration can bring them on and I also got my eyes tested which helped greatly. Whenever I feel one coming, lots of water, ibropren (sp?) and wearing the glasses if I can't lie down in a room somewhere.

First time it happened I thought I was dying or something it was so bad.

Its one of the worst pains in the world in my view, its difficult to get through especially if I'm out as I get lines and all sorts of weirdness in my vision which makes driving impossible.

So what is it???

Is it a migraine or what??

How long does yours last??

I was lucky I was at home had a load of meds else fck knows ??

I have had them when on acne meds which dehydrated me massivley... feel for ya joe... these are ****ing awful.. thought my head was gona pop

You think dehydration mate???

There are different types of migration Joe but thats what it most likely is. If you're worried it could be something else get the doc to send you for an MRI scan.

I've been for a scan (which is horrible in itself) and they suspect mine are migrains.

They can last up to 3-5 hours (with me at least) the trick is when I feel it coming on hit it hard with lots of pills and water, that massively lessens the effect. If I don't take something for it immediately it always goes on for 2-3 times as long.

I get different types from a bulging pain of pressure in one or both eyes, to screwed up vision or just an intense pressure in the top of my head.

Bloody horrible things.

yes mate i put mine down to really dehydrated...these meds dried out my skin, lips eyes..... and as a result these migranes where so bad... mine stopd when i consumed .5-1l of water pre bed!

There are different types of migration Joe but thats what it most likely is. If you're worried it could be something else get the doc to send you for an MRI scan.

I've been for a scan (which is horrible in itself) and they suspect mine are migrains.

They can last up to 3-5 hours (with me at least) the trick is when I feel it coming on hit it hard with lots of pills and water, that massively lessens the effect. If I don't take something for it immediately it always goes on for 2-3 times as long.

I get different types from a bulging pain of pressure in one or both eyes, to screwed up vision or just an intense pressure in the top of my head.

Bloody horrible things.

Thanls for heads up, yes mate, absolutely horrid sh1t :sad:
yes mate i put mine down to really dehydrated...these meds dried out my skin, lips eyes..... and as a result these migranes where so bad... mine stopd when i consumed .5-1l of water pre bed!

Cheers, will def ensure hydrated at all times now

It could very well be a migraine, but they dont usually come on suddenly and arent usually associated with nose pain afaik. Although not all migraines are the same.
Might be worth seeing doc tbh, especially if its the first experiance of a headache such as that and it came on suddenly.

Good link on migraines which might help you workout if it was one or not below. I get bástard horrible migraines which lay me out for 12-48 hours. Tried all kinds of meds, both OTC and prescription, and while some of them can help a little if taken early enough and I can quickly get to sleep, if too late nothing seems to work.

Migraine

Have feinted with migraine pain more than once, can be pretty severe. Thankfully I get them far less frequently as I get older, and the pain also seems to be slightly less now... get them maybe once a year nowadays as opposed to every few weeks when a teenager.

Reactions: Lys
my mum believe it or not used to get such severe migranes she had to sit in the dark with sunglasses on! she swears.. if you feel one coming on the only thing that will stop it is 2 ibuprofen and 1/2 a pint of wine!! lol

Back