MikeX UD2.0 Experiment

Ok, well ive decided, on the spur of the moment, to try out an old squat training technique.

I made another thread about it here - http://testosteronemuscle.co.uk/training-information-13/partial-squats-6893/

basically, load a **** load of weight on the bar and do a **** load or partial reps.
next week, load the same weight, do less reps over a greater rom.
Eventually youll have a fuking masive new 1RM! or thats the plan.

tonight went a bit like this.

full rom squats
bar x 2x10
partials
70x5
120x5
170x5
220x3
270x2
300x16
120x5/5/5 full rom

aim is to hit 20reps then increase the range of movement.

i should have done an even heavier walk out. but i couldnt be arsed to unload and reload the bar after i left it on the blocks.

vid of big set

positives so far. i know i can walk out 300kg and it doesnt crush me.
negatives, doing anything else afterwards was a waste of time. i could barely friking walk, let alone lift any weights.

well well well, ive just been to visit a new gym.

The gym im looking at is an awesome looking place. simple warehouse style job, 5 rock solid power racks, and enough strongman kit to run a pretty decent comp and an owner who loves to learn.

Ive been thinking about giving strongman a go for ages, and this seems to be the best place around me, ok its a bit more expensive there where i go now, but ive just had a pay rise! lol

Its the sort of place that breads winners. some top mma, football and rugby guys train there and like i said, the owner really knows his stuff. Its not just about lifting more either, its about being faster, being able to jump higher, longer and being leaner and stronger! Currently im finding it too easy to sack off the cardio and just do some heavy lifts. at this place, it looks different.

Maybe, just maybe, a change in gyms will give me a kick up the backside to go from being an averagely strong fat lad, to being a very strong, lean athlete?

hmm, lots to think about.

not really from the sounds of things!!! lol

well, i just had a row with the mrs about it. fuk knows what her problem is with it? ill more than likely be training 1 less session a week, more time for hr and famliy, yet its a fuking problem?

but your right, im there!

laboured session today. Probably shouldnt have opened that bottle of grey goose last night!

anyway
rack deadlifts, from below knee
70x5
120x5
170x5
220x3
250x2
270x1
300x2/1

full deads
170x10
200x7

Strict press
barxloads
40x10
60x5
70x5
80x3
90x1 (biceps were screaming at me!)
70x8/6/5

Did some bicep work, light, high rep, various grips on light BB. theres got to be something that will work with this fuking thing!

Decided to move on from Gateshead and go a join the strongman team up at this other gym. I think a change of gym may just give me the kick up the ass i need to get my training to a point where my body looks like i train! and maybe ill even stop smoking too.

Back