My Final Year the Journey.....

i have been very busy over the last weekend so apologies for not updating the blog, Friday i returned home after a very long week away working it was great to see the family all be it briefly due to me having to go the gym in the evening, at the moment this takes around 3hrs due to travelling to the gym then cardio etc.

it was Shoulders and Arms friday night trained at my normal gym in plymouth Pro Gym with my training partners.

Arms:

Biceps:
Standing cable curl 3 working sets
Seated preacher curl 3 working sets
DB hammer curls 3 working sets

Triceps:
Pressdowns 3 working sets
Machine dips 3 working sets
Lying extension/press 3 working sets

Shoulders:
1 arm DB press 3 working sets
Standing plate front raise 3 working sets
Standing DB side raise 3 working sets

my strength is down somewhat at the moment but entering my 44th weeks dieting this year this is to be expected although i am training as heavy as i can i am not doing anything stupid in these last few weeks so to avoid injury.

i was in on saturday night on my lonesome as the wife took a long awaited and earned night out with the girls as i looked after the kids, this was nice after the week away i had just had.
weigh in on sunday morning saw my weight drop to 201lbs so that was a 4lb drop in the week, my coach Skip is very happy with where i am at with 2 weeks to run, here is a pic taken from friday night at the gym
IMG_1406.jpgIMG_1413.jpg

OK so we are not into the 44th week of prep with around 11 days to run, my energy levels are low but i have a new found inner fire to spur me on through these last few weeks as i know i will be at my all time best for the Universe.

Last night was Back and Chest.....
Back:ISO pulldowns 3 working sets
Seated row 3 working sets
Underhand pulldowns 3 working sets
Cable pullovers 3 working sets

Chest:
Incline smith press 3 working sets
Seated flat press 3 working sets
Cable X Overs 3 working sets
completed with cardio......

took this shot of me repping my new sponsor Iron Asylum UK
photo (2).jpg

thanks mate i feel i have brought my waist in a little this year so makes the illusion bigger

good fukcing job your face is not judged :)
That would make sense. Can't see your waist in that picture though lol, definitely wider back :)

Had a photo shoot with Fivos today at Tom Blackmans gym Ministry of Fitness in Bristol here are a few shots from today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 188
Seen these on Facebook mate. Fivos takes some great photos. Me and Lauren are going to get some taken together pre Portsmouth.

Looking lean!!!

Well that is it guys and girls after 21 yrs of competing i stepped on stage for the final time last saturday at the 2012 NABBA Mr Universe and what a blast it was, the week went well and me and my coach Skip (IntenseMuscle.com - Powered by vBulletin) worked out a slightly different plan so i would not feel bloated going on stage and it worked a treat, by everyones opinion and my own this was my best showing to date, i was shredded and full i had practiced some poses like the quarter turns to make the best of my physique which i think worked very well.

it was a huge line up of 15 quality class 4 guys from all around the world, i was fortunate to be on stage with a few friends i have competed against over the years and count them as friends (Jimmy Salmon & Darren Poole) both great class 4 competitors.
it was a great atmosphere backstage between all the guys everyone helping each other to pump up and prepare for the stage with everyone shouting encouragement from the sidelines when on stage....

i knew after pre judging it was a close show i had 2 call outs and was hoping that i might have sneaked into the top 6 unfortunately it was not to be and i placed 9th but in that field of guys this was a good placing plus going into the show i had set my goal as top 10 so i achieved my goal so a good finish to a long hard but successful year on stage.

it was a great show for Team GB with us taking a lot of the classes along with the overall men's title in the form of Andy Polhill, my very good friend Linda Garside won the trained Figure Miss Universe which was awesome, this year it was Team GB to be feared not the Brazilians......

2 pics from the show in the evening:
image.jpgimage.jpg

So what's now i hear you ask? well i will still be heavily involved in NABBA being a fully qualified judge i want to judge at as many shows as i can as i feel to be a top judge (which i aim to be) you need to judge as often as possible, currently i will be judging at the NI NABBA show, NABBA West, NABBA Wales and NABBA North West next year i am hoping to be good enough to do a few classes at the NABBA Britain.

i am having a week off from the diet and training this week i will still be eating reasonably clean but with treats and the wifes lovely cooking in the evening, i will be starting the off season next week i am un decided what training system i will use but most likely be the same as i have been following this last 12 months, i will also be conducting a trail with pMGF and GHRP/GHRH peptides there is much confusion out there in the use of pMGF so i want to put a theory to the test i will of course report back on my blog to what the results will be.

i will also be trailing a few new supplements from my sponsor <a href="http://www.cardiffsportsnutrition.co.uk/">Cardiff Sports Nutrition</a> the first one will be with the new Creatine Freak from Pharma Freak (Sponsors of Anth Bailes) it is Creatine HCL which is touted as 10 x stronger than any other creatine plus the first creatine not to convert to creatinine a big problem for other creatines, i will report back my findings.
All there is to say now is a huige thank you to my sponsors <a href="http://www.cardiffsportsnutrition.co.uk/">Cardiff Sports Nutrition</a> and <a href="http://www.ironasylumuk.com/">Iron Asylum UK</a> who have supported me this year along with my lovely wife and kids.......and you guys and girls who read my column and blogs on the forums and this my new site i thank you all....

Paul, congratulations on everything you have achieved. You are a legend in this sport and whist judging will continue to be just that.
I've really enjoyed following your journals over the years and will keep following your blog and Facebook etc.

Your a top guy and I hope to work with you in th future :)

Paul, congratulations on everything you have achieved. You are a legend in this sport and whist judging will continue to be just that.
I've really enjoyed following your journals over the years and will keep following your blog and Facebook etc.

Your a top guy and I hope to work with you in th future :)
Thank you buddy that is very nice of you to say

Well done Paul, I am really pleased for you and shows what hard work and determination gets you.

Good luck with the judging and hope that takes off aswell.

Back