Need STRONG Olympic bars!

maxjenics

Competitor
Hi All,

Hope this is posted in the correct place?......

I'm after a contact or link to acquire some high tensile Olympic Bars.

The ones I have in my gym are OK for a few months at the start of use, but now I've got some strong geezers (Jay Hollingsworth - Natural powerlifter + others), here now so need some better bars in the £150-250 range.

Here's a pic of a couple of bars that Jay has bent >>>>

IMAG0048.jpg

Cheers all

like others have said get a texas power bar, pricey but you get what you pay for. although from those pics it looks like those bars have been dropped on a rack, may be worth getting some blocks for people to pull off.

Texas power bar from me too... got one myself and its pure awesome for lifting and high weight limit too... if you talk with the strength shop they may do you a deal... they were the cheapest at the time of me buying mine...

Thanks all!

I have 1 texas power bar and KNOW they are the canines testicles, but to replace all my bars would cost over £2k...and i'm skint at the moment!

Anyone wanna sponsor my gym and give me some? :thumb:

used a Texas Deadlift Bar for the first time saturday and it was pretty awesome... not sure if it made the diff but certainly seemed easier picking some weight off the floor... course could have been my mindset at the time... :D

I've never used a Texas Power Bar of any kind.. in fact... the bars I use at my regular gym don't even have knurling on them! (Just a slight pattern to make it look nice).

The nicest bars I've used are an Eleiko bar at Olympic Sports Gym (probably have to sell your gym to afford a few of those) and an Ivanko IPF bar at an underground gym that was apparently bought for £200 off gumtree (about £600 new). Might be worth keeping an eye out on ebay/gumtree/loot for the brand name barbells.

If you're buying new though, the strengthshop own brand ones are apparently quite good, and they're reasonably priced (£175ish).

A texas powerbar should never be used in the rack as it can still bend if abused.
Honestly bar bending comes from being a tool and smashing the weight down onto the powerrack support.
It wont happen for the most part if respect is shown...

I've never used a Texas Power Bar of any kind.. in fact... the bars I use at my regular gym don't even have knurling on them! (Just a slight pattern to make it look nice).

The nicest bars I've used are an Eleiko bar at Olympic Sports Gym (probably have to sell your gym to afford a few of those) and an Ivanko IPF bar at an underground gym that was apparently bought for £200 off gumtree (about £600 new). Might be worth keeping an eye out on ebay/gumtree/loot for the brand name barbells.

If you're buying new though, the strengthshop own brand ones are apparently quite good, and they're reasonably priced (£175ish).

thats a very good point, someone of sugden picked up an eleikpo weightlifting bar for around £75 and they cost over a grand new, so def keep an eye on their. as to those not in the no a bar is just a bar

Back