Off The Rack Suits

James89

Anyone know of a decent fit for suits off the rack when your into bodybuilding?
Just taken a promotion and can’t get away with just shirt and tie anymore, tried on about 100 variations of suit jacket sizes and cuts last night but they are either stupidly tight in the shoulders and arms or fit up top and baggy as fuck round the waist !
Trying to avoid going to a tailor because I’m as tight as a crabs hole

694F8372-5773-456B-BFB7-10342D66B828.jpeg

Just taken a promotion and can’t get away with just shirt and tie anymore, tried on about 100 variations of suit jacket sizes and cuts last night but they are either stupidly tight in the shoulders and arms or fit up top and baggy as fuck round the waist !

Depends how big you are but with anything above a 6” drop (difference between chest and waist measurement) and you’re going to struggle without some tailoring.

My advice would be to find one that fits shoulders, chest and get it brought in. It’s not expensive. Last one I got done was only about £30

You got no chance.

If you want it to fit properly then you will need some tailoring.

Asos do some pretty big sizes but it depends on the size of your arms and how lean you are. If you get those with the slim fit it looks decent.

I couldn’t get one to fit for love nor money though until I trimmed right down.

haven't bought a jacket off the peg in fuck knows how long now. by the time you get one that fits your shoulders, it's literally like a box. looks terrible. i'd agree with GG.. only way really

you do get 'muscle fit' suits now though. think times are changing with the current fitness fad.. don't know how common they are in your local places now, but next & slators in my town had a few.. never tried them on as was looking for tweed for a wedding.. did notice them though

If your carrying any sort of level of muscle mass that could be described as above normal you ain’t got a prayer of buying off the rack and not looking like a sack of spuds

The mrs measured me a few weeks ago and I’m around 50’’ chest and 34 waist so all the ones that I tried off the peg looked ridiculous .
Down the tailors for me then, had it in my head that it would be a fortune but £30-£40 to take it in is sound. Thanks chaps

The mrs measured me a few weeks ago and I’m around 50’’ chest and 34 waist so all the ones that I tried off the peg looked ridiculous .
Down the tailors for me then, had it in my head that it would be a fortune but £30-£40 to take it in is sound. Thanks chaps

Getting them tailored in isn't expensive mate.

It would also be worth asking the place where you bought it from, sometimes they will tailor them for free or at even more of a reduced rate.

Not meant to measure around your arms too chap

Had the mrs and a tape measure to work with so I wasn’t expecting to be accurate, add a few inches on to be sure, my cocks 16’’ also using my calcs [emoji1377]

tbf I got measured for a new suit last year & needed a 50" jacket (chest size). my chest wasn't 50".. but I needed it to fit my shoulders. so you're probably rite about needing a 50" jacket

It was for a kilt hire so couldn't tailor it.. was like a box. she gave it to me regardless as was part of the hire, but I just carried it in for the pics if needed (which it wasn't thank fuck)

Back