• While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Painful hip joints

Benicillin

Top Contributor
Evening,

Basically everytime i do deadlifts, the day after my hips are very painful when walking, feels like it's coming from inside the joint. Usually my left is worse than my right. Just wondering if any of you know what could be causing it and any possible ways of helping it?

cheers

If by in the hip you mean from the side of the hip then it might be gluteal tightness or ITB tightness - test and stretch them.

If you mean in the hip joint and groin pain, then it could be the hip joint and you need to get them checked.

Well if i press hard with my thumb on the part between my hip bone and glute, then i can sort of 'feel' where the pain is coming from if that makes sense? Would that indicate that it's more tightness than the joint?

yes.

gluteals.

ITB comes from part of your gluts.

Look up stretches for both and start doing them.

Reassess after one month.

Also, I would invesigate how different foot position affects it. ie feet wider (maybe sumo) or feet turned out more.

Back