Reflex Whey

I've used Nutrisport 90+ for years, cheapest shite going but does the job. Still the same price it was 10 years ago.

It's fine just gone up a little. Sardines are the cheapest protein for me

Surely 40g of protein from whey is cheaper than the price for enough chicken, beef or lamb to provide the same amount, even at those prices ?
Trying to work this out in my head; chicken breast at £5 a kilo would be 50p for 100g, which is like 23g of protein? So roughly 2.2p per gram of protein.

£120 for 2.27kg whey is £52 a kilo, so £5.20 per 100g, which is 95g protein if it's isolate. So 5.5p per gram of protein.

Unless I'm doing something wrong. Head's a bit fuzzy this time on a weekend.

The BBW stuff will definitely be cheaper than chicken. Reflex are just taking the piss.

Trying to work this out in my head; chicken breast at £5 a kilo would be 50p for 100g, which is like 23g of protein? So roughly 2.2p per gram of protein.

£120 for 2.27kg whey is £52 a kilo, so £5.20 per 100g, which is 95g protein if it's isolate. So 5.5p per gram of protein.

The BBW stuff will definitely be cheaper than chicken. Reflex are just taking the piss.
Looks right to me

Fucking mental isn’t it. Reflex are basically completely pricing themselves out of business

which is what I thought just looking at prices,
didn't bother getting calculator out :)

time and a place for whey that solid food doesn't always fit, but you'd have to be loaded or insane to pay reflex price at mo.

which is what I thought just looking at prices,
didn't bother getting calculator out :)

time and a place for whey that solid food doesn't always fit, but you'd have to be loaded or insane to pay reflex price at mo.
I couldn't be arsed using a calculator either tbh, I just rounded the numbers so it might be a bit off. I think it's probably close enough though.

I've never bought branded whey before, just cheap bulk sites. What's so good about reflex or other name brand proteins anyway? Taste better?

Last edited:
tbf I've not bought branded for a while, BBW over last year or 2 and just the cheap home bargains stuff more recently but I've bought big name stuff a while ago or had a shake in gym etc...
Can't say I've ever noticed any difference based on quality of taste, taste is fairly subjective though, I prefer subtle not overly sweet flavours. Whey is whey imo.
Actually best tasting whey I've had was the stuff a member on here used own the company, they used grass fed Jersey cows and used buttermilk or something along those lines, was very nice.

I think it's all supply and demand. There are places to buy the cheaper. Reflex was good when the deal was on

I couldn't be arsed using a calculator either tbh, I just rounded the numbers so it might be a bit off. I think it's probably close enough though.

I've never bought branded whey before, just cheap bulk sites. What's so good about reflex or other name brand proteins anyway? Taste better?
They tend to offer consistency is all, they buy whey from one place and blend in one place, others buy whey from all over wherever is cheapest and the spray drying technique is different in different places meaning the blend consistency and often how the flavour takes is different. Brands have had to come down in price such as USN who are now selling whey at prices that the bulk guys used to sell at in some places, I just go for what's cheapest to be honest

Last edited:
Back