Rob's Powerlifting Journal

Estimated 1rm for lifts. Off to do bench in about 45 mins so will update after.

Gonna do wendler big but boring. Main work followed by 5x10 to build some size. Always done low reps so it's gonna absolutely kill me! Knocked a few kg off my true 1rm so I can start slow and build up.

Squat 150
Bench 105
Deads 190

First 4 weeks will be spent getting back into swing of things and used to the routine. I'll add weight to 1rm after this time.

Jesus h. I've discovered 5x10 sucks balls. That was solid. Literally failure on the last rep of sets 4 and 5. I'm absolutely dreading squats and deadlifts!

Bar x 10
40 x 5
50 x 5

62.5 x 5
72.5 x 5
82.5 x 5

Suprisingly felt good. Last rep on heavy set didn't fly up but I got there.

Then came the fun.....

5 x 10 at 50% at 52.5kg

Building breakfast back up too. Was down to 50g whey with water as was cutting. As im not concerned about weight categories now I'm just eating to get big. So had 300ml ff milk with 50/50 whey/oats this morning. By end of week it'll be 50/100, evoo, peanut butter and banana. Not getting hung up on diet anymore though. Gonna do a @Greyphantom and eat whatever is in sight [emoji23]

Good to be back. [emoji106]

Holy shit that was hard. Sat at home shaking as I write.

Deadlifts today. Not done proper deads session in over a month so always going to be hard....

40 x 5
70 2 x 5
100 x 3

115 x 5
132.5 x 5
150 x 5 (only got 3)

Absolutely fucked after this. The thought of 5 x 10 was devastating.

Then should be 90 5 x 10 did 4 x 10. Lined up for last set then felt faint and sick so sacked it. Tbh after doing 2 sets I was a mess so to get another 2 sets was impressive.

Whole body is still battered from bench so it's all good. Not looking forward to how I feel tomorrow and the thought of squats doesn't bear thinking about. One things for sure, this routine is gonna kill me!

Had a month off as been ill a few times and been busy as fuck. Combine that with zero motivation and you get the picture.......

Anyway gonna try drag myself in tonight as I don't want to fade away and lose everything I've worked hard for.

Am weight. 189lb.

Thoroughly enjoyable session. Really happy with that. Sticking with main compounds still but as I don't plan on competing anymore I'm not going balls to the wall with singles.

So I've picked a 3 day split which I'm hopin I'll enjoy. It's a bit 'bodybuilder' est but I'm looking forward to trying it. Really really enjoyed this evenings session.

Bench 2x10 50kg
Cgbp 2x10 40kg
Inc db press 2x10 17.5kg
Flyes 2x8 10kg
Skulls 2x8 25kg
Tri ropes 2x10 35kg
Front db raise 2x15 6kg
Side lats 2x15 6kg

Done. Nice and steady to ease me back into it. Looking forward to next session on Thursday. Not so much squats and deads at weekend [emoji6]

Am 186.2lb

Training been going well just not had chance to log workouts as super busy atm. Basically a 3 day split comprising of chest delts and tri, back bi traps and forearms, and then legs. Enjoying the high volume work as opposed to heavier low rep work.

Playing silly arses yesterday with friends child and my old reoccurring back injury has reared its ugly head! Recon a week or so out until better. Trip to the docs today to get drugged up!

Looking a bit skinny fat at the minute so been reading up and decided to give carb cycling a blast. Pretty much bulked for years to put on 4 stone but I'm looking chubby and still not very big [emoji23] So it'll be high carb low fat when training and the opposite when on off days. Glad to be back training and eating well again!

Back