Rob's Powerlifting Journal

Week 2 heavy bench

Bar 2 x 10
40 x 5
60 x 3
80 x 3

Paused work
90 5 x 1 singles.
Felt heavy as fuck coming down but pissed pressing it really. Comp 1rm is 100kg so hoping to smash that

Sling on
100 x 1
110 x 1 back spasmed half way up. Wasn't clever at all.

Dips 3 x 12

Tri pd 3 x 12 at 40kg

Done. Felt really good. Elbows flare a little when coming down but got 7 more sessions to try sort it.

enjoying caning all the food. Doing it proper though and actually eating instead of shying away from it. Rather exciting to see what I look like with another 5kg on me........ probably fat. Haha

Another double squat and deads session this weekend due to time constraints this week. I'm doing 5x1 at 85%. Should be interesting.

Also have a question. I wear do-win shoes. Nobody I know has them though. Everywhere I look are Adidas shoes with a bigger heel. Am I missing out on something here?

Another double squat and deads session this weekend due to time constraints this week. I'm doing 5x1 at 85%. Should be interesting.

Also have a question. I wear do-win shoes. Nobody I know has them though. Everywhere I look are Adidas shoes with a bigger heel. Am I missing out on something here?

Nah doubt it mate, wouldn't worry about slight differences like that

Back is spasming and playing up so had to ditch deads and squats this week. Pretty sure it's from benching on Tues.

No big issue and should be fine for next week.

Bought a new car to cheer myself up. [emoji23]

uploadfromtaptalk1425200229556.jpg

thought you said car... whats with the go kart :D
Haha, mate if you saw what I have at the minute it's a big upgrade. Got the same type of car but as a renault twingo. That truly is a go kart.

2.0 beast in the little clio so it's gonna get a little bit of stick.........

Fucking nightmare. Back playing up again. No bench tonight as that's how I broke it last week!!!!

Instead I'm gonna do squat bench and deads on sat. Just three lifts though with zero assistance.

Am weight is also 84.5kg. Lost nearly a kilo as I've struggled to eat all weekend as I've been super busy.

Seriously considering scrapping the bulk and dropping to 82.5kg class. Playing on my mind now. IF I do drop to 82.5kg I should still smash my comp pb's at 90kg class so it's deffo worth considering. With my metabolism I recon I could do it within a couple of week just by dropping oats and milk.

hoping back sorts itself out now ffs.

Am 82.6kg. All I've done is ditch oats at am and pm and I've lost 1.9kg in a week through bloat. That's how piss it is for me to cut. Now to maintain. All good. Big session tomorrow as back is better [emoji2]

Fucking joke of a session. Packed up my shit and walked out. Should have been deads squats and bench 170 140 and 90 at 5x1

Did 3x140 singles on squats and had shooting pain in groin and could barely get depth. Sick of this shit now. One thing after another. Only 6 weeks til comp and prep is all over the fucking place now. Will see how next week goes then make a decision. Just can't get a run going without getting injured. Absolute bull shit!

Sorted my shit out. Injury seems to have cleared itself up. Downside though is that I've pulled out of comp. I'm putting way too much pressure on myself to be ready in 4 weeks when training has quite frankly been wank.

So I'm gonna spend next week looking at what my 1rm are and just enjoy the gym and not worry about competing. From there I'll run my trusty wendler 531 what ive always benefitted from and see how I go.

Weight wise I'm at 84kg atm. Not worrying about it anymore though as not competing. Therefore I'm just gonna eat and try to get strong. Put way too much pressure on myself doing this and that so my new approach is fuck it. Just eat what I want within reason and add kilos to my lifts.

First session tomorrow is bench. Still weighing up what assistance to do. Will give the book another read and have a think on what to do.

Back