Royal Marine Alexander Blackman

Basically it shows intent (murder) when the act was not defensive or necessary offensive and because he's on camera and says it it's the equivalent of a confession to murder.

Example two guys get in an argument and one says come any closer I'll smack you - that's a warning and if he beats the bloke subdued it can be argued reasonable force / retaliation there's a strong legal argument the individual was in his rights to defend him self etc

Same scenario guy says I'm going to beat you to death you cunt it's the intent to inflict more damage.

There's no misinterpretation of "shuffle off this mortal coil" then shooting him - it's essentially at that point an execution legally speaking

Entirely unacceptable action. The Forces must be held to the highest standards and the argument that if enemy combatants don't follow the same rules of engagement and Geneva Convention is not acceptable. If we don't follow certain rules the system collapses and it becomes a free for all with civilians being tortured and caught up.

There is a line that a serviceman should do everything he can to kill the enemy when he is within his sights. When he is within his care as the insurgent was here under Sgt Blackman, the soldier should do everything he can to care for him.

Yeah he should be released now, but he's no hero.
Don't give a fuck that he did the guy in. Shit happens. But when it does you make sure no-one else finds out.

He's a prick for getting caught and for that alone he deserved the punishment he got.

Entirely unacceptable action. The Forces must be held to the highest standards and the argument that if enemy combatants don't follow the same rules of engagement and Geneva Convention is not acceptable. If we don't follow certain rules the system collapses and it becomes a free for all with civilians being tortured and caught up.

There is a line that a serviceman should do everything he can to kill the enemy when he is within his sights. When he is within his care as the insurgent was here under Sgt Blackman, the soldier should do everything he can to care for him.

Very hard to be that responsible and clear of thought when your blood is up and said guy has been shooting to kill you and yours mate.

Not saying you're wrong, but humans gonna human, and being in mortal danger changes your chemistry.

Murdering someone in thier country when your supposed to follow rules of engagement etc is a crime regardless. Silly cunt should of wiped his cam

Most interested in what rules of engagement the Taliban would have followed in same situation.

The argument is though we as a culture and country should hold ourselves to higher standards than the enemy if we don't how can you present an example of how things should/can be when you show the same ruthlessness as those we call terrorists --- not comparing it to beheading or torture but that's the point right you have to draw a line in the sand at some point

The argument is though we as a culture and country should hold ourselves to higher standards than the enemy if we don't how can you present an example of how things should/can be when you show the same ruthlessness as those we call terrorists --- not comparing it to beheading or torture but that's the point right you have to draw a line in the sand at some point

All well and good.

None of this happens in battlefield. My best mate (Greenjackets) has never recovered, his best mate in forces killed himself. Until you have been there (I haven't) or saw the damage, your viewpoint, whilst valid, is worth less.

he has done his time now Agreed on being better but end of day very few of us have been in that situation. One of my best mates is still serving and has done things I know would not be looked on nicely if a regular court Heard it.... should be more like the septics...... protect the soldiers...also (I know it wasn't the case here) no civilian should judge military ever. They aren't policemen. Stupid what he did I agree but they know they have the cams on. So as mentioned no doubt wanted to show off ...but we won't ever know.... not like napoleonic war were the combatants wore brightly colored clothes and were good enough to march in line with a nice big flag in case their uniforms didn't give them away.....my grandad was my definition a war criminal as he was a Halifax bomber pilot and dropped bombs across Europe. Sometimes on civvies....on the other hand my other grandad spent time in a jap POW camp and they paid no attention to any human code of conduct. So I guess I take a slightly more rig than wing stance on this.

Should never of been in jail I think it was what he said to the dirty cunt that was nearly dead anyway

But its farcical mate.

Look at our behaviour as a government or even as the western world. Its a circus.

Double standards if you see what I'm saying.

We (as a people not me and you in particular, Ie or "leaders") behave terribly and in no way uphold this notion of the Geneva convention, its just a mirage, a front.

I think this guy fucked himself cause on camera he also said "it's time to shuffle of this mortal coil" which went down like a sack of shit tbf.

But in a warfare environment there should be limitations to acts.

Ex. He killed an enemy combatant, under the circumstances the guy should of been taken prisoner it was possible - disciplinary

But that US bloke who raped and murdered a bunch of Afghani women lock him up throw away the key clearly something wrong in his head

The bit of scum was nearly dead any he only put him out his misery ok he should of picked his words better

It's a free for all over there eye for an eye look what they scum cunts do to us when caught the police station for one few years back did they give our guys a second thought did they fuck to hell we them all this marine is a hero in my book

Back